Spooktacular Rare Oddities Easel Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! How about a Spooktacular Rare Oddities Easel Card just for the fun of it? It’s purple-icious, frightfully fabulous and fun to make! You’ll have to dig into your crafty stash of G45 retired papers to make this one,. Or, just follow these easy steps and substitute your favorite Halloween papers.
- Begin by creating a black 6″ x 6″ card base. Score the card front at 3″ and fold to form the easel mechanism.
- Next, cut a 2nd 6″ x 6″ panel of purple cardstock. Add a 5 7/8″ panel of rusty orange cardstock on top.
- Now cut a 5 3/4″ panel of Graphic 45 Rare Oddities and adhere on top.
- Then, cut a 5 3/4″ x 4″ panel of the 8×8 border page. Adhere a thin strip of the plaid pattern on the top and bottom.
- Now, stitch all these layers together on your sewing machine. (optional…but looks so cool!)
TIP: When planning to stitch layers together on a sewing machine, don’t place adhesive around the edges. Just add a small spot of adhesive in the center of each layer to keep it in place. This way, you won’t gunk up your sewing machine, but the layers will stay straight as you sew.
Spooktacular Rare Oddities Easel Shaker Card: Making the Shaker Element
- Begin by die cutting the Amazing Paper Grace Brilliante Rondelle Die from purple foil AC cardstock. Use just the 2 largest dies.
- Next, place the largest Spellbinder’s Standard Small Circle Die in the center of the Brilliante Rondelle die to cut out the center aperture. Doing this leaves you enough of a margin to place foam strips on the back. Otherwise, the foam strips will show, and we don’t want that!
- Then die cut clear cardstock using just the largest Brilliante Rondelle Die.
- Now adhere the clear cardstock to the back side of the purple foil die cut. Use Dries Clear Adhesive to keep things neat and tidy.
- Place a double or triple layer of Darice foam strips on the back of the shaker window.
- Next, cut the “You Bewitch Me” sentiment from the 8×8 paper pad. Back with thin dimensionals and adhere in the center of the card.
- Now place your sequins in the center of the card, then carefully set the shaker box over the top.
Spooktacular Rare Oddities Easel Shaker Card: More Tips!
TIP: For a frightfully fabulous finishing touch, adhere vintage tinsel trim round the sides of the shaker box. It looks ghoulishly grand!
TIP: Adhere the card front as the very last step in the process. Remember, only place adhesive on the bottom half of the easel card, below the 3″ score line!
Finish the card with ribbon, chipboard, die cut butterflies and charms!
Sweet Treats Inside
Use your scraps to create a pocket and a little 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ gift card/treat wallet.
Tuck in a small journal card where you can write your Ghostly Greetings and a tasty chocolate treat.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
*Please note…some items from my stash are retired. You can substitute items from your stash in their place.
- Graphic 45 Rare Oddities 8×8 Paper Pad and Chipboard (retired)
- Spellbinders Dies
- Clear Cardstock
- Black Diamond Satin Ribbon
- Gold Metallic String
- Little Birdie Purple Flowers
- Vintage Tinsel Trim from my stash
- Die Cut butterflies from my stash