Mintay Spring is Here Banner Tutorial for the RRR Blog Hop
Hello, Friends! This Mintay Spring is Here Banner Tutorial is my inspiration piece for the February 2024 Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop. You should be coming here from Gloria’s lovely blog. I have a tutorial for the banner, too, since the date for the RRR Hop overlaps with our Make & Take Tuesday Banner of the Month tutorial. So if you’re new to my Make & Take Tuesday tutorials, you are warmly invited to check out the video below.
The banner pennants are stitched onto luxurious Gold Silky Crush Ribbon. Then I added pretty Pink Swiss Dots Satin Bows at either end of the banner. The pink bows are topped with Iridescent Met A row of antique lace stitched across the top adds a nice vintage vibe. Iridescent Metallic String Bows top the pink bows for a little extra sparkle and shine. Next I dug into my stash of RRR Mulberry Flowers because nothing says “Springtime” better than pretty posies!
Shaker Window Pennants
The pennants on this banner are die cut with Spellbinders Vista View Window Dies. Here’s how I used the dies to create the shaker windows on the two center pennants.
- First, die cut just the window background from pale pink cardstock
- Then turn the window background upside down so that the rounded edge is on the bottom. Adhere to kraft cardstock and trim out so there is a 1/8″ border on all sides.
- Next, create a template for cutting the designer paper. Cut out the background, fold in half and trim 1/8″ off the open edged side. Then trim 1/4″ off the top edge. Trace this onto patterned paper and cut out with your paper trimmer.
- Now, place the lattice frame on a piece of pink barn wood paper and die cut. Adhere the acetate to the back of the window lattice and trim out with your scissors.
- Adhere 2 layers of 1/8″ foam tape on the sides, top and bottom edge of the acetate.
- Glue down the focal images on the banner pennants and top with your shaker mix.
Finally, center the prepared window over the pennant and press in place.
The Little Details
Embellish the pennants with a combination of Mintay die cuts, Really Reasonable Ribbon Mulberry Flowers and Reneabouquets Printed Beautiful Board.
Mintay Spring is Here Banner of the Month Tutorial on YouTube
Would you like to see how I put this pretty spring banner together? Then please enjoy this video tutorial on my YouTube channel.
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over and see what paper pretties my lovely teammate Cheryl has prepared for you. Be sure to finish up over on the RRR Blog. Answer Bonnie’s Question of the Month, and you’ll be entered into the drawing to win a $10 RRR Gift Certificate and the free Digital Stamp Set of your choice.
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Enjoy the hop!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Gold Silky Crush Ribbon
- Pearl Pink Swiss Dot Satin Ribbon
- Iridescent Metallic String
- Mulberry Flowers
- Mintay Spring Is Here
- Spellbinders Vista View Window Dies
- Reneabouquets Beautiful Board
- 1/8″ Foam Tape
- Buttons and Charms from my stash