Stamperia Alice Etcetera Tag Tutorial for Frilly & Funkie Saturday Showcase
Hello, Friends! Happy Saturday! I’m up on the Frilly and Funkie Saturday Showcase today, where I’m sharing this Stamperia Alice Etcetera Tag Tutorial. You’ll want to pop on by to see the tips and details I’m sharing there. . This is a technique laden tutorial demonstrating how to:
- Alter metal embellishments with paint and embossing powders.
- Prepare a mixed media background using scraps of paper and Distress Mediums.
- Use Distress Paint and Embossing Powders to create a cool textured border.
- Create a double sided waterfall with vellum hinges.
I had such fun creating the front of this Mixed Media Etcetera Tag, that I decided to flip it over and create a waterfall feature on the back side. So now this home decor item can also be used for photos. how fun is that?
Stamperia Alice Etcetera Tag Tutorial Video
This 30 minute tutorial is part still photo/text and part live action. This kept it from being too long, but still provides you with lots of techniques and ideas that you can use. So go grab a cuppa and a snack, then settle in and enjoy!
To see more detail photos of this project, Click HERE. To see more ALICE projects, click HERE.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and techniques that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
From The Funkie Junkie Boutique
- Stamperia Alice 12×12 Paper Pad
- Tim Holtz Small Etcetera Tag
- Prima Venetian Shutters (out of stock and retired)
- Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint
- Seth Apter Embossing Powders
- Distress Inks
- Blending Tool
- Prima Spring Farmhouse Flowers (out of stock)
- May Arts Solid Ivory 7/8″ Plaid Ribbon
- Burlap String
- Metal Embellishments
- Antique Bronze Dress
- Silver White Rabbit Charm
- Time Pieces: A set of Clock Charms
- Vintage Clock Brooch with Glass Cabochon
- Silver Tea Cup
- Antique Bronze Tea Cups
- Bronze Jump Rings
- Bronze Filigree (out of stock, but you could substitute THIS.)
- Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Hinge Clips
- Opaque Crackle Texture Paste
- Distress Mediums
- Gathered Twigs Distress Stain
- Lilac Lane Shells and Sand Sequin Mix
- Clear Cardstock
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- Stamperia Stencil/Heart and Checkerboard (could not find a link)
I’m sorry, Kathy, I could have sworn I commented on this beautiful, whimsical mixed media tag. I guess that was one of the other sites this has made it’s appearance. You know how much I love this! Sending hugs!
Love it! I have had those Prima shutters for awhile and now I know exactly what to do with them!
Great project. Thanks for the tips.
Oh Wow!!! This is a big tag! Luv it all …every single detail of your paint techniques! I learned a lot from this tutorial! Luv this look! And what you can do with scraps …it’s amazing! Now I’m gonna go shopping for all that mixed media stuff! Thanks so much for this …and for sharing all your paint tricks! Hugs, Suzy Q
Kathy, I really enjoyed this tutorial so much! I am truly in awe of the many different techniques in your repertoire AND the ones you just come up with on the fly! The good Lord gave you crafting talent in spades, Girl! Thank you so much for sharing this incredible project with us. I sure wish Prima would bring back some of their retired stuff. I got in on it too late as usual. LOL Have a fantastic weekend! Hugs!
Love the grunge! The window, hearts and waterfall so cool. This inspires me to get my mixed media out. This Alice just lends itself to distress. Love the video Kathy.