Stamperia House of Roses Shaker Card: Time Brings Roses
Hello, Friends! Today’s dose of crafty inspiration is a Stamperia House of Roses Shaker Card made with Beautiful Board from Reneabouquets. Time Brings Roses: I love the sentiment inside this elegant shaker box! It’s so timely for the situation we find ourselves in, isn’t it?
In the middle of all this chaos, I have found myself saying over and over again, ” Look for the beautiful. Be at peace. Be kind.” This time of “social distancing” is not easy. But I do believe in my heart that this time will, indeed, bring roses in our lives if we encourage them to bloom.
It would be so easy to focus on the darkness that is roaring all around us. But what good would that do us in the long run? And I know that many of us are struggling to keep our lives and our businesses afloat and our families safe. I’m right there with you. It would be easy to fall apart. Instead, I choose to make beautiful things, prepare lovely (if unusual) meals, to find reasons to rejoice (sunrise and sunset still make my heart sing) and to share a little joy with each of you here.
The Shaker Box
The Beautiful Board Shaker Box on this card is from Reneabouquet’s shop. The design is brilliant as it allows for a deep shaker box surrounded with an elegant frame. You can find a tutorial for putting this dimensional shaker box together HERE. I’ve topped it with a Reneabouquets Heart Deco Small Frame, a die cut wreath and small Paula Pearl Pink Posies. Little Birdie Layla Roses and Dusty Rose Wrinkled Ribbon tie all the pink hues together.
Here’s how this card came together:
- First, create a light grey 5 1/2″ square card base with a 3/4″ spine.
- Next, mat a 5″ square of designer paper on both cream and dark grey cardstock.
- Tear a border piece from the paper collection and adhere along the bottom of the card.
- Tear another border and adhere at the top.
- Fussy cut a spray of roses and small flowers from the paper collection and adhere as seen in the photo.
- Tap the Heart Deco Frame with Versamark Ink and heat emboss with Wow Vintage Champagne Embossing Powder.
- Assemble the shaker box as seen in the video tutorial. Before you adhere the top ring, slip the frame over the top. Then add the top scallop.
- Die cut the wreath from green and pink cardstock. Layer together with small pieces of foam dimensionals. Adhere to the top of the shaker box.
- Add flowers and ribbon.
- Cover the top of a G45 Ivory tag with designer paper. Adhere to the card base. Then attach the card cover to the card base.
Stamperia House of Roses Shaker Card: A Peek Inside
Box style cards make the best gifts, and they are so much fun to create!
Tuck a decorated G45 Square Ivory Tag in the upper pocket. Layer the die cut clock on grey paper to make it pop.
Tea, anyone? Here you’ll find a mini envelope filled with tea bag and tags. A lovely vintage silver plated spoon, an individually wrapped Biscoff cookie, chocolate and a honey packet all dressed up with ribbon waits for you in the gift box pocket. There’s room to write a note or add a photo on the back of the journal card.
To see more projects made with House of Roses, click here. Look below the post for a linked supply list.
I hope this little project has given you a moment of joy and inspired you to create something beautiful. Please know that I am keeping all of you in my prayers. How are you coping? I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamperia House of Roses 12×12 Paper Pad
- Dies and Tools
- Mixed Media
- Wow Vintage Champagne Embossing Powder
- Versamark Embossing Ink Pad