Stamperia Winter Botanic Photo Folio
Hello, Friends! Let’s start the week off beautifully with a Stamperia Winter Botanic Photo Folio. If you love poinsettias (and I do!) and you love Old World style (yes, that, too!) then I think you will love this project.
When I was a little girl, my grandmother decorated her Christmas tree each year with bubble lights. I can remember thinking that they were the most magical ornaments I’d ever seen. Some sort of liquid in the lights bubbled up inside a candle shaped bulb. Here’s a picture I found on Pinterest.
Something about the cover on this 7″ x 6″ x 1″ folio reminds me of those bubble lights. Not sure why, but I love that it does!
Winter Botanic Photo Folio Cover
- First, create a 7″ x 6″ x 1″ folio base by joining panels of cardstock together. (You can find a tutorial for a similar folio base HERE. The dimensions are different, but the basic construction is the same.)
- Next, heat emboss Reneabouquets Large Simply Beautiful Frame with WOW! Sparkling Snowflakes Embossing Powder.
- Now back the frame with clear cardstock. Adhere with Dries Clear Adhesive and let set.
- Then attach 3 layers of 1/8″ foam strips around the perimeter of the frame.
- Layer panels of designer paper alternately with red, green and gold cardstock. The final panel is a card front cut from the Winter Botanic paper collection. Place your shaker mix in the center of this image.
- Now press the frame in place.
- Heat Emboss Reneabouquets Snowflakes and the Holly Flourish Garland with Dazzling Diamonds. Layer these on the frame and tuck in with the Floral Cluster.
The Spine and Back Cover
Wrap the spine with fabric to strengthen it. This festive burlap panel adds texture and shine, too. Punch a hole at the top and thread through a little clock key and some Glass Fairy Orbs.
TIP: Layer scraps of patterned paper on the back cover to create a Christmas quilt.
A Peek Inside
Finish the inside of the photo folio in any way you wish. I chose to add a belted waterfall feature on the left and a box pocket on the right. However, you could easily add the waterfall to both sides of the album.
The patterns in this collection are so very beautiful that I did not embellish them in any way.
Create a pocket behind the waterfall. This is a great place to tuck in more photos and a little accordion style folio.
To make this folio, simply cut this panel from the 12×12 pad. Then score between the images. Fold and hold it in place with a little paper clip embellishment.
There is loads of room in the box pocket to add little gifts. I stitched up a quick bookmark. Then I added a crocheted snowflake ornament, demitasse spoone, cookie, peppermint stick, and other treats inside.
I had enough scraps left over to make an additional photo wallet.
Stamperia Winter Botanic Photo Folio Video Tour
If you would like to see this project in live action, I’ve created a short video tour with tips and tricks for you.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use when making your own Christmas gifts. I think this folio would also make a great little recipe album! Once the treats are gone from the pockets, you can tuck recipes in their place. It would also make a wonderful Heritage Christmas Folio. How would you use it? I’d love to hear in the comment section below.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamperia Winter Botanic 12×12 Paper Pad
- Red, Green and Gold Foil cardstock from your stash
- Clear Cardstock
- 1/8″ foam Tape
- WOW Sparkling Snow Embossing Powder
- Versamark Embossing Ink
- Antique Gold Shimmer Satin Ribbon
- Deck the Halls Shaker Mix
- Bits and Bobs from my stash