Summer House Card Folio with My Mind’s Eye Gingham Gardens
Hello, Friends! Won’t you join me for tea as I share this Summer House Card Folio? Sometimes Mondays call for a little extra cuppa and a chat with a friend. This little house in the country is the perfect place to pull up a lawn chair and greet the day. There’s even a floral rainbow in the sky above.
How to Brew a Summer House Tea Themed Card Folio
This 5″ x 7″ top fold card folio is made with My Mind’s Eye Gingham Gardens. Here’s how it came together.
- First, create a 5″ x 7″ top fold card base with a 1/2″ spine.
- Next, stitch a 4″ x 6″ panel of MME patterned paper onto a slightly larger piece of duck canvas fabric.
- Now stitch burlap trim to frame the 4 ” x 6″ panel.
- Then cut a banner flag belly band that is 7″ x 3″. Back with dimensionals and adhere to the center of the card.
- Mat a 3″ x 4″ journal card on cardstock, back with dimensionals and adhere.
- Now add flowers, ribbon and embellishments. (The little tea cup clothespin is a gift from my daughter.)
The Envelope Pocket
Create a 4″ x 6″ envelope with designer paper and an envelope punch. Adhere the flap to the top of the card base to make a flip pocket. Wrap the blue cardstock panel with ribbon before you adhere it to the card base. This provides a handy ribbon closure for the envelope pocket.
This is sweet spot to tuck in a tea wallet and a little photo folio.
If one pocket is good, surely two are better! Create a shallow pocket on the bottom half of the card to hold the vintage silver spoon, honey stick, and some ephemera bits.
I bought this vintage silver demitasse spoon in a large lot at an estate sale. It’s a souvenir spoon from The New Amsterdam Hotel dated 1880. I believe it is pure silver, and the details are so sweet.
Do you feel refreshed after sitting in the garden of my summer house with me? I’m so glad you were able to stop by! If you’d like to purchase this card/gift for a friend, you can find it in my ETSY shop.
Wishing you a joyful and creative day!
- My Mind’s Eye Gingham Gardens Collection
- Nile Blue Satin Ribbon
- Bits and Bobs from my stash