Summer Sunflowers Mixed Media Tag with Distress Oxide Inks and Ribbon
Hello, Ribbon Lovers! There is something about sunflowers that makes me happy every time I see them. Today I’ve combined a bunch of mixed media techniques with a summery sunflower image. It’s all tied together with gorgeous ribbons from the July Perfectly Purple Ribbon Club Mix. The end product is this Summer Sunflowers Mixed Media tag.
I just love this Delphinium Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon . It really pops against all the golden hues found in the tag background. A loopy Natural Burlap String bow adds great texture and additional fullness to the bow cluster. The top of the tag is finished with a loop of this same Hyacinth ribbon. I stamped this ribbon with a script stamp from my stash. Then I just tied a square knot bow with Mixed Purple Bold Diagonal Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.
- Begin with a jumbo manila tag. (4.25″ x 8.5″)
- Next, smoosh Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey, and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Inks onto a non-stick craft sheet.
- Then spritz the ink blotches with a mister bottle until little beads form.
- Now, drag the tag through the inky puddle.
- Then dry the tag with a heat gun. You can use a paper towel to blot up any spots that are overly wet or inky.
- When the tag is somewhat dry, tap up more ink from the craft sheet, drying between each layer.
- Now that you are happy with the ink, add texture by running the tag through an embossing folder. I used a Spellbinders Emboss-abilities folder called Enchanted. First, I inked the “flat” side of the folder (the side with no raised edges) with Dusty Concord ink. Then I embossed the tag.
- Next, I spritzed the tag lightly with water to activate the Distress Oxide Inks that was pressed into the design by the folder.
- Then, I heat dried the tag and spritzed it lightly with Tarnished Brass Distress Mica Spray.
- Finally, I sponged lightly over the top of the tag with Dusty Concord Distress Ink
Let Today Last Forever
I created a little sentiment cluster with this pretty sunflower image and some tags.
Paint chipboard elements with Distress Paints, add Prills a painted filagree butterfly and you’re ready to display your tag.
Thanks so much for joining me here today. I hope this Summer Sunflower Mixed Media Tag has inspired you to get out your paper pretties and have a play. You’ll find a supply list below this post.
Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Perfectly Purple July Ribbon Club Mix
- Delphinium Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon
- Purple Mix Bold Diagonal Stripes Grosgrain Ribbon
- Natural Burlap String
- Bow it All Tool
- Jumbo Manila Tag
- Authentique Cheerful Collection Kit
- Spellbinder’s Enchanted 3-D Emboss-abilities Folder (retired)
- Spellbinder Platinum Die Cutting Machine
- Distress Oxide Inks: Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber
- Distress Paint: Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed, Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord
- Tarnished Brass Distress Mica Spray
- Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chicken wire, Yarrow
- Petaloo Flowers
- Filigree Butterfly
- Clock from my stash
- Corrugated Cardboard