Sweet Summertime Celebration Recipe Folio for the Really Reasonable Ribbon May Blog Hop
Hello, Friends! Today I have a Sweet Summertime Celebration Recipe Folio as my inspiration project for the Really Reasonable Ribbon May 2022 Blog Hop. You should be coming here from Gloria’s lovely blog. Summer is peeking around the corner with all kinds of reasons to celebrate the Red, White and Blue! And this month’s Patriotic Ribbon Club Assortment is here to help you get your craft on! Take a peek:
Red, White and Blue always looks fabulous together. You think maybe our Founding Fathers knew what they were doing when they selected these colors for our beautiful American flag?
Carta Bella God Bless America Summertime Celebration Recipe Folio
I would probably never have thought to use lemonade as a key “ingredient” for a patriotic paper collection, but I’m so glad that Carta Bella did! When they added that pop of yellow to their God Bless America collection, it really juiced things up! Look at all the ways I paired up the Ribbon Club Assortment with this festive paper collection:
- Create a border on the bottom third of this 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ slimline folio.
- First, wrap the front panel of the folio with 1/2″ Scor-Tape before you adhere it to the cover. Then top the Scor-Tape with Electric Blue Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon.
- Next, top this layer with 1/4″ Scor-Tape and 3/8″ wide Electric Blue Swiss Dots Grosgrain Ribbon.
- Now place a row of 1/4″ Scor-Tape above and below the row of blue ribbon. Then wrap Patriotic Random Stars Grosgrain Ribbon above it and Diagonal Stars and Stripes Satin below.
- Create a ribbon closure with the Red Satin with Grosgrain Edge Ribbon.
- Dress up the tag and the pinwheel with a snippet of the Patriotic Stripes Satin Ribbon.
You can dress up the cut out banner with ivory burlap string and bitty bows just for fun, too!
A Peek Inside
The lemon images made me decide to add a few of my favorite summertime lemon recipes to the folio. First, I created a side pocket with a pull out folio situated on top. I held this together with another piece of the Red, White and Blue Stripe Satin from the Club Assortment.
Our oldest granddaughter has developed a real passion for cooking and baking, so I thought she would have fun with these tried and true recipes. The little house folio holds my famous Strawberry Lemonade recipe. And no summer is complete without a pan of Lemon Love Note bar cookies! Yum!
This accordion style folio has room for summertime pictures, too!
We always have a big family 4th of July party, and now she’ll have a place to keep the photos!
The back side of the accordion mechanism has two more of my favorite summertime lemon recipes.
Sophie spotted the folio as soon as she stepped into my studio last week. She was tickled pink when I told her that it was meant for her. But I thought you would enjoy seeing it, too.
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over and see what paper pretties Cheryl has prepared for you. Be sure to visit the RRR Blog and answer Bonnie’s Question of the Month so you can be entered into the drawing for a FREE Ribbon Club Assortment!
If you’re not a member of the Ribbon Club, I highly recommend it! It’s like getting a birthday present every single month of the year. The assortments give you a chance to try out and use a lot of different types and styles of ribbon. I’ve discovered so many of my personal favorites from the Ribbon Club Assortments. You can find out how to sign up HERE.
Okay, friends, enjoy the rest of the hop! I’ve added a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- RRR May Ribbon Club Assortment
- Mixed Blue Tone Cottage Roses 25mm
- Chrysanthemums/Mixed Blue and White
- Carta Bella God Bless America Collection