Authentique Abundant Easter Bunny Hideaway House
Hello, Friends! Happy Easter! The Easter Bunny is visiting the blog today, in a super sweet Authentique Abundant Easter Bunny Hideaway House. This is my inspiration piece for the Authentique Paper Group Post. You can find more beautiful Easter inspiration over on the Authentique Blog.
Easter Bunny Hideaway House Rescued from The Closet of Shame
Some time ago, I purchased this house shaped shadow box, thinking I would use it to make some Christmas gifts. Then life got busy, and the poor house lay forgotten in the Closet of Shame.
Somehow, I think it was meant to be. While doing a little springtime tidy up, I ran across the house and knew immediately that it was destined to become this little Easter Bunny Hideaway House.
Easter Bunny Hideaway House: Tips and Tricks
Here’s how I created this dimensional focal image.
- First, fussy cut around the 4″ x 6″ card front from Abundant 6.
- Leave an extra 1/2″ border on the bottom edge.
- Then score along the 1/2″ border and fold.
- Use your scissors to cut little “v” shapes about 1/2″ apart along this folded edge. These will serve as tabs that you can adhere to the bottom edge of the shadow box. Of course, you will want to decorate the back of the box before you insert this element.
- Fold a lightweight piece of chipboard into 3 sections. Adhere one piece to the back of the Easter Bonnet girl. Then adhere the other to the back of the shadow box. You will have to use trial and error to get the length just right. But this will prevent the girl from flopping over.
Easter Bunny Hideaway House: A Button Tiled Roof
Any time I can play with my vintage button collection, I’m a happy girl! I’ve created a “tiled” roof effect. Add a few more inside the box to resemble the shine of Easter Eggs.
Decorate the sides and the back of the box. You could actually add a 4″ x 6″ photo to the back of the box.
This was such a fun project to make, I just had to share it with you here. I hope it has served to spark your own creativity. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by! Wishing you all a warm, wonderful and blessed Easter!