Spellbinders Festive Bow Christmas Gift Wallet
Hello, Friends! If you’re a giver of holiday cash or gift cards, this Spellbinders Festive Bow Christmas Gift Wallet is a quick and easy way to dress things up. As our kids get older, they tend to want a gift card, cash or gift certificate for birthdays and Christmas. So I’m always looking for a creative way to wrap them, and this Christmas Gift Wallet ticks all the boxes for me.
Poufy Bows and Mixed Media Backgrounds
Remember wearing fancy holiday dresses with satin sashes and poufy bows at the back? That’s what this fun die makes me think of.
This bow is generously sized at 5 1/2″ wide, so it made sense to create an 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ slimline card base to display it. Since I already had a nice stack of Stamperia Winter Tales left on my desk after having created yesterday’s Mixed Media Folio, I decided to use up the leftover bits to make this fun project.
TIP: Mix some silver glitter paper in with scraps of designer paper to create a card that sparkles!
You can see that I used the same mixed media technique to create the quilted background for this card. Friends, it was all on my desk, so I just put it back to work. This time, I used Faded Jeans Distress Ink to really make the blues pop.
TIP: Dress up your bow with a cluster of Petite Blooms. Cut them from the scraps of your designer papers, dry brush with chalk paint, then spritz with Faded Denim Mica Mist, or other sparkly stuff. It’s so pretty in real life, even though the camera doesn’t capture all the shine.
A Peek Inside
I kept the inside simple and sweet with patterned papers, a large pocket and a simple little 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ note card.
Honestly, friends…the details in this paper collection are beyond gorgeous!
There’s room inside the note card to add a small photo, too. This also helps to personalize the gift.
Spellbinders Festive Bow Christmas Gift Wallet Recipe
I thought you might want the basic instructions for this quick and easy make.
- First, score an 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of light blue cardstock at 4 1/2″ and 9″. Fold on the scored lines to form an 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ slimline card base with a 2″ pocket.
- Next, cut an 8″ x 4″ panel of designer paper and emboss it with the Geo-Quilt 3-D embossing folder. Spatter with white chalk paint, paint the edges and brush with Glitter Glaze.
- Mat this panel on an 8 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ panel of medium blue cardstock, then on an 8 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ panel of silver glitter cardstock.
- Mat a 1″ strip of silver glitter paper on a 1 1/4″ strip of medium blue paper. Wrap around the center of the designer paper panel, then adhere to the card front.
- Die cut the bow pieces and flowers from scraps of designer paper and silver paper. Then assemble on the card front.
- Line the inside with 8 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ panels of white cardstock and 8″ x 4″ panels of designer paper.
- Wrap the pocket with a 1 3/4″ strip of border pattern. Take the ends around the back side of the card and adhere to secure the pocket.
That’s it! Easy Peasy!
I hope you are all enjoying a peaceful, restful or creative Sunday! Thanks for stopping by, friends!
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
- Spellbinders Paper Arts
- Brutus Monroe Glitter Glaze
- Stamperia Winter Tales