Nautical Beach Vacation Flip Folio for the Really Reasonable Ribbon May 2021 Blog Hop
Hello, Friends! Let’s set sail today with a Nautical Beach Vacation Flip Folio made for the Really Reasonable Ribbon May 2021 Blog Hop! Welcome aboard! You should be coming here from Ginny’s fabulous blog! This Authentique Voyage folio was inspired by the May Nautical Americana Ribbon Club Assortment. Red, White and Blue always works, doesn’t it? Take a look at this great ribbon club selection.
Now let’s dig into this project and see how fabulous this collection really is!
Layer it Up
If you’re looking for a way to make an album or folio cover stand out from the crowd, may I suggest a layered ribbon panel? It’s such a quick and easy way to add loads of texture, pattern and design to a project. Here’s how to do it:
- First, cut a panel of designer paper and mat it on a slightly larger panel of complementary cardstock.
- Next, find the center of the panel. My panel is 5″ tall, so I made a small pencil mark at the 2 1/2″ point.
- Now, lay down a strip of 1/2″ Scor-Tape in the middle of the panel.
- Then burnish the Scor-Tape, remove the liner and attach Royal Blue Taffeta Ribbon. Cut the ends of the ribbon about 2″ longer than the width of the panel so you can wrap them around to the back side. This makes a neat and tidy edge on your ribbon panel.
- Next, attach a row of the Poppy Red Diamond Satin and Poppy Red Delicate Stitched Satin ribbons above and below the center row.
- Then add a row of Royal Blue Checkerboard Satin above and below the red ribbons.
- Now attach the 1/4″ printed ribbons from the assortment over the solid ribbons using 1/4″ Scor-Tape to hold them in place.
This is such a quick process, but it looks fabulous! I hope you’ll give it a try!
Shake it Up!
The next step in the process is to create a focal image for the folio. This was such fun! Create this “porthole” shaker element with the chipboard center of a 1/4″ wide Scor-Tape roll!
- First paint the inside with white chalk paint.
- Then wrap the outer edge with 1/4″ Scor-Tape and attach 1/4″ ribbon all the way around.
- Now die cut a circle from clear cardstock (acetate) to fit the top of the spool. Adhere with Dries Clear.
- Next, while the adhesive is drying, lay out shells, beads and a starfish over the ribbon panel.
- Then adhere the shaker cover (spool) over the ribbon. Let the adhesive set up.
- Finally decorate the front with a wooden anchor from the craft store, some bits of Spanish Moss and more shells.
Wrap it Up!
Wrap Royal Blue Checkerboard Satin around the belly of the folio to serve as a ribbon closure. Then wrap the spine with the Patriotic Stripe Satin Ribbon. Tie a knot at the top, then attach some bronze metal charms to finish up the job.
A Peek Inside
The inside of this album is filled with spaces for photos and journaling.
Create a flap page by cutting cardstock wider than the base of the folio. Then score to fit. Fold the flap and dress up with patterned papers. Score a 1/4″ flap on the side of a 3×4 card and adhere behind the page to create a hidden journaling spot.
Ribbon makes a great border on this pull out page.
I’ve added another strip to the inside bottom, and I love how classy it looks.
Add a pull out mechanism and side car pocket to the flap for even more room for photos!
Nautical Beach Flip Folio Tour on YouTube
If you’d like to see all these different elements in action, I’ve prepared a short (5 minute) tour on my YouTube Channel.
On With the Hop!
Now hop over and see what paper pretties the amazing Cheryl has prepared to inspire you. She’ll guide you to the next step in the hop. Be sure to finish up over on the RRR BLOG where you can answer Bonnie’s question of the month and be entered into the drawing to receive your very own Nautical American Ribbon Club Assortment.
If you’re not a member of the Monthly Ribbon Club yet, now is a great time to join. You can find all the information and sign up HERE.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
If you’d like to leave a comment, click on the “REPLIES” button found at the top of this post right beneath the title.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Nautical Americana Ribbon Club
- Authentique Voyage Collection
- 1/2″ Scor-Tape
- 1/4″ Scor-Tape
- Spectrum Cardstock
- Old Glory (4 sheets)
- Ladybug Red (out of stock)
- Wooden Anchor, shells, charms and beads from my stash