Welcome Wee One Baby Girl Folio for Friday Focus at Frilly and Funkie Tammy Tutterow Designs Creative Team Friday
Hello, Friends! What an exciting day it is here on the blog! It’s time for another Friday Focus at the Frilly and Funkie Blog. And it’s also time for another Tammy Tutterow Designs Creative Team Friday. Oh, happy day! The Friday Focus at Frilly and Funkie is all about Tammy Tutterow Stamps and Dies, so it all works out well. I have the sweetest Welcome Wee One Baby Girl Folio to share with you, so let’s get this party started!
This Welcome Wee One Baby Girl Folio has so many moving parts that I thought it would be wise to create a YouTube Video Tour to explain them all.
Welcome Wee One Baby Girl Folio
This is one of my “hybrid” card/mini album creations. It measures 5.5″ x 7.5″ with a 1/2″ spine so I can tuck in all sorts of goodies on the inside. I’ve used Graphic 45 Baby to Bride Deluxe Collector Edition papers and a huge pile of Tammy’s wonderful stamps and dies to make this project.
Welcome Wee One Stamp/Die Combo and Dear Ruby Background Stamp
I don’t think of myself as a great stamper/colorer. But Tammy’s designs are so easy to color that I find myself enjoying the process more and more all the time. I used her Dear Ruby background stamp on the pink gingham panel of this card. It adds the perfect touch of vintage texture to the background.
And how sweet is this this sentiment? First I stamped it directly onto my patterned paper. Then, once the ink had dried, I colored it in with Prismacolor pencils. The best part about this stamp set is that it comes with a matching die to cut the sentiment out. No fussy cutting! How great is that? The finishing touch was adding Glossy Accents to the words, the wee hearts and the peas in those darling pea pods.
Welcome Wee One Folio: Shortie Tabs as Banner Flags
This pretty little banner was a cinch to make with Tammy’s Shortie Tabs die. The die set contains 8 shortie tabs, and I love the various shapes. Here’s how I put this banner together:
- Die cut the banner shapes from patterned paper. Shortie tabs are all double ended with a score line in the middle, which I find to be very handy.
- Fold each Shortie Tab on the score line.
- Ink the edges with Tea Dye Distress ink.
- Cut a length of natural jute to match the width of your card. Tie a knot on either end.
- Fold each Shortie Tab over the jute string. I used a little bit of 1/8″ Scor-Tape on the inside of each tab to hold it in place.
- Glue the knotted ends of the jute to the card.
Welcome Wee One Folio: Shabby Posies and Pom Pom Posies Dies
I am so in love with Tammy’s flower dies! For the Wee One Folio I selected the two smallest petal layers from Shabby Posies and die cut a pile them from my patterned paper. But I’ve also die cut them from felt, burlap, crinoline, fabric and inked up cardstock. Here’s how I made the flowers:
- Die cut from patterned paper.
- Ink edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink.
- Shape with a ball stylus on a foam mat.
- Hot glue the layers together. Because I wanted these Shabby Posies to be more tightly closed, I used a double foam mat and really pressed down into the center. This draws the petals closer together.
- Spritz with Tattered Angels Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist.
- Randomly “draw” on the petals with Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Sprinkle with Prills.
- Die cut the leaves from Pom Pom Posies onto patterned paper.
- Ink the edges.
- Shape and glue beneath the flowers.
Welcome Wee One Folio: Paper Bag Pocket
Because I scored a 1/2″ spine into this 5.5″ x 7.5″ top fold card base, I can fill the inside up with lots of paper pretties!
I love to add pockets to my cards. To change things up a bit, I used Tammy’s Paper Bag Pocket Die to create a spot to tuck this Mini Tag Book. I love the boutique look of this pocket cut from the same designer paper.
Welcome Wee One Folio: The Mini Tag Book
If you follow my blog, then I know you are familiar with this darling little tag book because I use it all the time. It’s one of my favorite “Tammy Toys.”
Welcome Wee One Folio: Shortie Tags Die
Tags are another item that I love to include in my designs. I die cut this cute tag directly from the patterned paper, then dressed it up with some fancy borders and ribbon. Tammy’s Shortie Tags die comes with 6 pretty shaped edges that you can layer onto the bottom of the tag.
Friday Focus: Tammy Tutterow Stamps and Dies at 15% Savings
Now, here’s the really good news. For the next two weeks, The Funkie Junkie Boutique is offering an additional 15% off all Tammy Tutterow Designs Stamps and Dies. Combined with the regular 20% discount TFJB offers on all items in the shop, this amounts to a 35% discount! If you’ve had any of Tammy’s paper pretties on your wish list, now is the time to snap them up. You can find the Friday Focus shopping page HERE.
I hope I’ve shared some tips and tricks that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Products From The Funkie Junkie Boutique