Heartfelt Creations July 2022 Alumni Blog Hop: Christmas in July Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations July 2022 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop starts here and continues until 11:55 PM EDT on Monday, July 31st. I hope you are ready for a big dose of crafty inspiration, because the Alumni Team has sooo many beautiful projects lined up for you this month!
Be sure to visit each blog in the hop, and leave a sweet comment behind, because one comment from a mystery blog will be randomly chosen to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations gift card. Oh, and did I mention that everyone who comments on the Heartfelt Creations blog will be eligible to win a second $25 gift card? That’s right! You have two opportunities to win a shopping spree!
Winners will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations BLOG and FACEBOOK page on Wednesday, August 3rd. You will have 72 hours to claim your prize by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “winner of the July Alumni Hop in the subject line of your message.
Now, let’s get this hop started with a little Christmas in July, shall we?
Snowy Pines Christmas in July Shaker Card
Can you say “Pretty Pink Poinsettias” three times real fast? I had such fun making this card, my friends! Snowy Pines is one of my all time favorite Christmas collections! And making this 6×6 shaker card is much easier than you might think. Here’s how:
- First create a 6×6 top fold card base from white cardstock.
- Next, cut a 6×6 panel of the green pattern paper from Snowy Pines.
- Then cut a slightly smaller panel of the green plaid pattern. Distress the edges lightly and adhere over the first panel.
- Now, cut out both of the 6×6 snowman card fronts. Trim away the outer frames until you have only the inner frame and image left.
- Next, use the Large Basic Circles die to cut out the image in one of these panels. This will be your shaker frame. Put the die cut center back in your stash for later use. Use the 2nd panel as the backing for your shaker frame.
- Now adhere a square of clear cardstock to the back of your shaker frame with Dries Clear.
- Then place 3 rows of 1/8″ foam strips on the back of the frame.
- Next, fill the frame with your shaker elements. Then line up the back of the frame and press it over the foam strips to seal.
- Layer this shaker frame over the die cut French Courtyard die. Now you’re almost done!
Making the Poinsettias
Nothing says “Christmas” like a cluster of beautiful poinsettias! Unless it’s a cluster of pink poinsettias with frosty jingle bells peeping out!
I’ve combined two different poinsettia dies in this cluster. The larger poinsettias with the white veins are made with the Christmas Poinsettia and Holly Dies. These were stamped on on white cardstock with Versamark Ink, then heat embossed with Shabby White embossing powder. This embossing power has gold flecks in it, which lends a subtle sparkle to the finished flowers. Next, spray the petals with pink mist and shaped them with the matching mold. After that, layer up the petals. Finally, fill the centers with some pretty glass beads.
The smaller poinsettias are made with Poinsettia Clusters and Holly stamps and dies. This time, stamp the poinsettias on white cardstock with Olive Archival Ink. Then sponge Spun Sugar Distress Ink onto the petals. Now die cut the petals. Next, mist with water, and run through the shaping mold. After that, brush each flower with Dries clear and dip into Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear. Finally, fill the centers with Maize Prills.
Embellish your card with some pretty pink ribbon and rustic white twine as a finishing touch. Paint jingle bells with white paint, then dip in white embossing powder to achieve a frosty effect. Tie these onto white twine and tuck into the flower cluster.
A Peek Inside
Create a pocket with one of the cute border strips. Then tuck in a little note card/gift card wallet.
If you tuck in some Holiday Tea, a honey stick and a mini candy cane, you’ve just turned your card into a gift!
On With the Hop
Now amp up your crafty mojo as you hop along to all the other wonderful blogs. Here is the blog hop order.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
To leave a comment on this blog, please click on the REPLY button that is located right below the blog title. Or you can scroll all the way down to the bottom of this post and add your comment there.
Thanks for stopping by! I know you are going to enjoy the hop!
- Snowy Pines Paper Collection
- Christmas Poinsettia & Holly
- Poinsettia and Holly Clusters
- Circles Basics Large Die
- French Courtyard Die
- Clear Cardstock
- I’m A-Maized Prills
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- Avalanche Shaker Mix
- Buttons, Twine, and jingle bells from my stash
- Rose Pink Delicate Stitched Satin