Photoplay North Pole Trading Company Exploding December Daily
Hello, Friends! For today’s installment of Christmas in July, I have a North Pole Trading Company Exploding December Daily to share with you. This is such a fun project, made with a festive paper collection from Photoplay.
I’ve become just a little bit addicted to exploding boxes! They are such a great way to house a lot of photos in not a lot of space. It’s also nice that they can double as home décor. And sometimes I just get tired of making albums and folios. Somehow, a box seems like so much more fun.
This is especially true when you can add a box full of mini candy canes inside! If you count them, you’ll find 25: one for each day from December 1st to December 25th. How fun is that?
I designed the box with a magnetic wooden Christmas Tree topper so it would be easy to store. This also makes it easier to access the candy canes inside the box. See? I’m always thinking! You can leave the topper off and display it on it’s own, too.
North Pole Trading Company Exploding December Daily Tour on YouTube
it’s always easier to see how a project like this one works if you can watch a video tour. So I put together a quick introduction to the paper collection and a tour of the exploding box. I hope ou enjoy!
Bonus Christmas Card
Since I already had this paper collection out on my workspace, I went ahead and put together a super quick an easy Christmas card.
- Create a 5 1/2″ square top fold card.
- Then mat the following layers together;
- 5 1/2″ square of North Pole Trading Co red solid
- Green Plaid pattern cut into a 5 1/4″ square
- 5 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ strip of snowflake paper as a belly band
- Now stitch these layers together and adhere on the card front.
- Next, die cut the Santa patterned paper with the largest Spellbinders Picot Petite Circle. Back with foam tape and adhere in the center of the card.
- Then die cut 2 of the Christmas trees using the matching dies. Layer together with foam tape. Decorate with die cut snowman ornaments. Place foam tape on the back of the trees to add dimension.
- If desired, add glitter to the trees. Then back the gift packages from the sticker sheet with foam tape.
- Fussy cut the Santa from the ephemera pack and back with foam tabs.
- Now layer the Santa, presents and tree together in a nice cluster.
- Finish with flowers and ribbon.
A Peek Inside
Dress up the inside with a pocket, tag, gift card wallet and stickers.
This is a great way to dress up a gift card!
I hope you enjoyed this installment of Christmas in July! Maybe I can squeak in one more project before the month is over.
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
Exploding December Daily
- Photoplay North Pole Trading Company Collection
- Cardstock from your stash
- 1 sheet 12×12 kraft
- 2 sheets each red and green 12×12 (I used Spectrum Red Licorice and Green Thumb)
- Bottlebrush Christmas Trees (Mine are from Prima Christmas in the Country/out of stock)
- Mini Christmas Ornaments (check the Dollar Store)
- Glitter, Prills and Stampendous Shaved Ice
- Christmas Plaid Ribbon
- Burlap String
- Mini Rusty Jingle Bells (I used to get these at Darice…but they are out of business)