Summer Songbirds Shaker Card Folio for the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop
Hello, Friends! This Summer Songbirds Shaker Card Folio is my inspiration piece for the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop. You should be coming here from Karen’s lovely blog. This month we are featuring the Sunflower Assortment of Ribbons from the August Ribbon Club.
The Yellow Gold Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon in this assortment makes me think of daisies and buttercups. It’s a perfect match for these Ciao Bella Microcosmos papers and Reneabouquets chipboard.
Tall and Skinny Accordion Fold Folio
This tall and skinny accordion fold folio is a cinch to make:
- First, cut a 12″ x 8″ panel of white cardstock.
- Next, score at 4″ and 8″.
- Now accordion fold
It really is just that easy!
The great thing about this style of card (besides how easy it is to make) is how great it looks when displayed.
Create the shaker box this way:
- First, heat emboss a chipboard frame with Shabby Ivory Embossing Enamel.
- Next, back the frame with a clear cardstock (acetate sheet) circle cut slightly larger than the opening in the frame.
- Now apply 3 layers of 1/8″ foam tape to the back side of the frame.
- Place sequins on the card base, then adhere the foam strips. Press gently to seal all the edges.
- Attach the printed beautiful board topper with foam tabs to add extra dimension.
- Yellow Gold Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon ties all the colors together perfectly.
A Peek Inside
Create a pocket for each panel inside the card. Then add little tags, folios and treats to turn the card into a gift.
Hook a trio of tags together with a small “O” ring. Then tie a small piece of Yellow Gold Checkerboard Satin Ribbon to dress up the presentation. Dress up a tea bag with designer papers and a belly band. The tuck a vintage demitasse spoon and honey stick inside the belly band. Use an envelope punch board to create a 3″ x 4″ mini envelope to hold a circular image.
The back side of the folio has two more pockets.
Fussy cut images from the paper collection to create bookmarks and a gift card wallet.
Write a personal greeting inside this 3″ x 4″ note card and your gift is ready to give!
On With the Hop
Now hop on over and see what paper pretties Cherry has in store for you. Then be sure to finish up the hop over on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog. Answer Bonnie’s question of the month to be entered into a drawing for your very own Sunflower Assortment of ribbons.
If you’re not a member of the ribbon club yet, now is a great time to join. You can find out all the details and subscribe HERE.
Enjoy the rest of the hop!
Thanks for stopping by!