Heartfelt Creations April 2022 Alumni Blog Hop: Cottage Gardens Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations April 2022 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop starts here! You’re going to find all kinds of wonderful ideas, instructions and inspiration as you hop along with the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Design Team!
How would you like to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card? Simply leave a comment on each of the blogs in the hop before 11:55 PM EDT on Monday, May 2nd. At that time, we will randomly select a sweet comment from one of the blog posts in the hop. To double the fun, Heartfelt Creations will offer a second $25 gift card for a randomly selected comment on their blog post! The winner will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations Blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, May 4th. If you are the happy winner, you can claim your prize by emailing email@example.com. Please write “Winner of the April 2022 Alumni Hop in the subject line. You will have 72 hours to claim your prize.
Now that we have all the business out of the way, let’s take a look at my Cottage Window Shaker Card.
Hydrangeas, Bluebirds and Open Windows with the Cottage Garden Collection
I love the Cottage Window Collection because it is filled with all my favorite shades of blue. And there are bluebirds and hydrangeas, too! What’s not to love? I decided to celebrate the open windows and sweet breezes of springtime by making this sweet shaker window card.
- First, create a 5″ x 7″ top fold card base from light blue cardstock.
- Next, mat a 4 3/4″ panel of Cottage Garden paper on a slightly larger cream cardstock mat.
- Then die cut an Eyelet Lace Frame from cream cardstock and adhere over the patterned paper.
- Now die cut the cottage window, blue birds on a branch, hydrangea stems and hydrangea garland from the paper pad. I also cut a circle from dark blue patterned paper to sit behind the open window, but that is optional.
Creating the Shaker Window
- Once you have die cut the window, adhere a piece of clear cardstock behind the open panes. Use dries clear glue for this, as it holds well and will not leave marks.
- Now place 3 layers of 1/8″ foam strips around the window opening.
- Next, adhere the die cut circle over the area where you want the window to sit.
- Then place your shaker mix in the center of the circle.
- Finally, line up your prepared window over the sequins and press gently in place. You can prop the shutters open with foam tabs.
- Adhere the rest of the die cut elements as seen in the photo.
A Peek Inside
A few simple additions to the inside allow you to turn a card into a gift!
Create a hidden pocket by gluing a card front behind a decorative panel on the top of the card. Then tuck a tea bag into the pocket.
Add a pocket to the bottom of the card. Then create a pretty little folio to tuck inside. Use a border strip as a belly band, then tuck in a tag and chocolate treat!
The mini folio is made by cutting out two card fronts and folding in half. It’s so easy, but really makes a lovely addition to a card. You can write notes here, or add photos.
I’ll add a linked supply list below this post to make it easy for you to find all the paper pretties I used to make this card.
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over and see what the lovely Vicki has prepared to inspire you. Here’s the entire hop list in case you get lost along the way.
Kathy (You are Here) ♥ Vicki ♥ Amarilys ♥ Carole ♥ Lisa ♥ Alissa ♥ Oksana ♥ Candy ♥ Heartfelt Creations Blog
To leave a comment on this blog, click on the blue REPLY link located just below the post title. Please be sure to add your first and last name so that when we pick a winner, we can identify you easily. Thanks!
You can find a linked supply list below
Enjoy the hop!
- Cottage Garden Paper Pad
- Fresh Cut Hydrangea Die
- Hydrangea Die
- Cottage Window & Hydrangea Die
- Eyelet Lace Frames
- 1/8″ foam strips
- Clear Cardstock
- Rajni Chawla Crystal Clear
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- Micro Gingham Ribbon
- Itty Bitty Buttons