Authentique Cultivate Card Folio: Farewell to the Summer Garden
Hello, Friends! Today I have a sweet little Authentique Cultivate Card Folio to share with you. I’m sitting here in complete disbelief that it is time to say farewell to the summer garden. How did we get to the middle of September so fast? We still have a few tomatoes coming in, but for the most part, out little summer garden is done. I thought it would be nice to use this darling new Authentique Paper collection to create a tribute to all those tomatoes!
This 5″ x 7″ card folio is all about layers, texture and dimension. Here are a few tips to help you incorporate those elements in your card making.
- Machine stitching adds wonderful texture to a card panel. It also acts like a frame for the card.
- Create dimension by backing the focal image with a double layer of chipboard.
- Elevate the design even more by backing a small die cut element with chipboard. Then top it with a resin flower basket.
- Want some sparkle? Wrap the top of the card with Iridescent Metallic String. Tie on some sweet little garden charms to add visual interest.
- Fill the trowel with mustard seeds from the kitchen for even more texture.
- Ribbon is the quickest and easiest way to add texture to a card design. Place it in the corners to frame the image. But you can also use it as a border along the bottom of the card.
- Want even more texture? Try wrapping the card panel with some gorgeous crocheted lace. That should do the trick!
A Peek Inside
Don’t you love these Pennsylvania Dutch patterns and colors? I think this folio would make a wonderful gardener’s gift. Place photos of your prize winning flowers or produce in the photo folio. Then kick back, relax and enjoy a cuppa with the treats in the box pocket. Here’s a peek at a few of the pages in the accordion folio. There are 4 pull out panels on each side of the design.
The little flip pages provide lots of room for journaling and smaller snapshots.
Dress up your treats with scraps left over from designing the card. It’s a great way to clean up your work surface and use up odds and ends.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comments. You’ll find a linked supply list below the post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Authentique Paper
- Reneabouquets Garden Bouquet Lace
- Blue Micro Gingham
- Iridescent Metallic String
- Darcelle Flowers
- Melissa Frances Resin Flower Basket
- Gardening Charms
- Little Birdie Butterfly