French Pastry Shop Window Card with Spellbinders Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month
Hello, friends! Let’s gaze at the goodies inside this French Pastry Shop Window Card, shall we? I’ve had the best time playing with the new Spellbinders Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month! The minute I opened the package, I envisioned an old style European shop window filled with tantalizing treats. Imagine my surprise when I realized that this is supposed to be a calendar grid! This sort of imagination has landed me in hot water more than once in my life, but I’m a good swimmer, so I think everything will turn out just fine!
This A2 Snip It Grid and Calendar Creator die set has 41 pieces! You receive the gorgeous grid die, the elegant fishtail banner, a “Save the Date” banner to layer over it, 2 gorgeous floral dies and loads of letters and digits. I’ll share a calendar creation at another time. Today we are just going to focus on this French Pastry Shop Window Card.
Prima Fruit Paradise Shop Window
- Begin by creating a 5″ x 7″ top fold card base with a 3/4″ spine.
- Next, mat a 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″ panel of Fruit Paradise Cherry Blossoms paper on a slightly larger pale pink mat.
- Now adhere a 4 3/4″ x 3″ strip of pink gingham patterned paper across the middle.
- Then cut 3″ x 6 3/4″ fishtail banners from the “B” sides of the paper and adhere in the center of the card front.
Creating the French Pastry Shop Window
- Now die cut the grid from patterned paper and pale pink cardstock. Adhere the layers so that they are slightly offset.
- Cut clear cardstock (acetate) to fit the back side of the grid and adhere with Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Add 2 layers of 1/8″ foam tape to the back of the shaker frame.
- Fill the shaker frame with a sequin mix. Then adhere Fruit Paradise paper over the foam tape sides. Back with a piece of medium weight chipboard and adhere in the center of the card.
- Die cut the fishtail banner and mat on pink cardstock. Place dimensionals on the back. Trim out and adhere.
- Cut flower layers from your scraps. I love when Becca includes a flower in a die set, because it is such a good way to use up those scraps. And it allows you to perfectly match your flowers to your paper collection.
- Adhere some ephemera bits t and chipboard pieces to the sides of the card. This will help support the flowers on the side of the card.
- Add ribbon and you’re done!
A Peek Inside
Create a box pocket and side pocket inside the card.
Tuck a tea bag here.
Fill the pocket with lovely treats. Now you’ve just turned this card into a gift! I added a wrapped Biscoff cookie, a vintage silver demitasse spoon, chocolate treat, honey stick, mini note card and a bookmark made with my scraps.
Here’s a closer look at the bookmark.
You can learn more about the Spellbinders Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Club Kit HERE. Look for a linked supply list below this post.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Suddenly I feel a craving for a French Macaron! How about you?
- Spellbinders Amazing Paper Grace DOM Snip it Grid and Calendar Creator
- Prima Fruit Paradise Collection