Heartfelt Creations June 2021 Alumni Blog Hop: Home on the Farm Exploding Tea Party in a Box
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations June 2021 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop starts here and continues through Monday, June 28th at 11:55 PM EDT. The Alumni Team has a wonderful lineup of inspiration for you this month. You will want to visit each blog to soak in all the wonderful ideas and techniques. Be sure to leave a sweet comment, because one randomly chosen comment from a mystery blog will be chosen to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card. Woo-hoo!
The winner of the hop will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations Facebook Page and Blog on Wednesday, June 30th. If you are the winner, please send an email to email@example.com within 72 hours to claim your prize. Please write “Winner of the June 2021 Alumni Blog Hop” in the subject line. You can find a complete list of all the blogs in this hop below.
Hello Chickie! Home on the Farm Exploding Tea Party in a Box
My inspiration project for this month’s hop is a great gift idea for your favorite fan of Farmhouse Style. Summer always reminds me of the freshly mown fields of hay from my childhood in Vermont. Is there a sweeter perfume anywhere? So I turned to the country images of Heartfelt Creations Home on the Farm collection to create this 4″ x 4″ Exploding Box.
Each side of the box depicts a different scene from country life. And how much do we love this fresh green plaid from the Home on the Farm Paper Collection?
If you get tired of looking at one side of the box, just turn it to take in a different scene.
Decorate the lid of your box with a cluster of Classic Sunflowers. I like to fill the center of my sunflowers with Czech Beads. Create a little doily beneath the sunflowers by cutting a card center with the Basic Circles Die. Then tuck in some sweet gingham and burlap string bows and buttons to finish the arrangement.
A Peek Inside
Remove the box lid, and the sides fall down to reveal the tea party in a box and a lovely mini album.
How to Build a Barn Box
Here’s how I made the barn in the center panel.
- First, die cut 4 barns from the paper pad.
- Now cut (4) 1″ hinges from your paper scraps. You want these to be the same height as the walls of the barn.
- Then cut 4 more hinges to go on the bottom of each die cut barn
- Next, score the hinges in half.
- Then lay the barns down side by side with the edges butted up against one another.
- Now adhere one side of the hinge to the side of one barn, and the other to the side of the barn it is butted up against.
- At the same time, adhere half of a hinge at the bottom of each barn. These need to line up precisely with the bottom edge of each barn.
- Repeat this for all the barns. When you get to the last barn, you will need to stand the barns up and shape them into a square.
- Next, place adhesive on the other half of the hinges at the bottom of the barn and adhere to the base of the center panel.
Now you can fill your barn up with tea goodies.
I added some individually wrapped cookies, 4 tea bags, 4 packets of honey, a mini wooden honey dipper and a vintage demitasse spoon inside my barn box. What will you put inside yours?
The Mini Album
Each of the 4 box walls is a page in a little mini album. The top and bottom walls are tri- fold flaps with room for photos and journaling. Use magnets to keep the flaps closed.
The side walls are little pull out accordion albums. How fun is that?
On With the Hop
Now hop on over and see what inspiration the rest of the Alumni Team has prepared for you. Here is a complete list of all the blogs in this hop.
Kathy (You are HERE)
Remember to look for the winner announcement on the Heartfelt Creations Facebook Page and Blog on Wednesday!
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for hopping along!
- Heartfelt Creations Home on the Farm Collection
- Classic Sunflower Cling Stamp and Die (retired but you can substitute the Dazzling Dahlia stamp and die)
- Eyelet Basic Circles Small Die
- 3/8″ Moss/Cream Gingham Ribbon
- Burlap String
- Buttons from my stash