Spellbinders September 2020 Club Kits Blog Hop: Amazing Paper Grace Lattice Overlay
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Spellbinders September 2020 Club Kits Blog Hop! You should be coming here from Jill’s blog. Let’s get acquainted with the Amazing Paper Grace Lattice Quadrante Die from the September Club Kit. You can see how I used this versatile die to create a shaker frame HERE.
This versatile die can be used in so many different ways. But today I used it to create a lacy wrap on the cover of this My Mind’s Eye Gingham Gardens Photo Wallet. Here’s how to make the overlay.
- First, cut a background piece from patterned paper with the large frame die.
- Next, arrange the 4 quadrant dies inside the large frame. Connect them with post it tape or low-tack adhesive.
- Now lay the connected dies over a piece of pearlized cardstock. Hold in place with a bit of tape.
- Then run through your die cutting machine to cut out the lacy overlay.
- TIP: If the die does not cut completely the first time, rotate it 90 degrees and cut again. Depending on your machine, you may need to add a piece of cardstock to your sandwich to act as a shim.
- Don’t forget to run the lacy die through with the embossing pad. This only takes a second and really makes the details pop.
- Now adhere the lacy overlay to the background.
- Finally, wrap the overlay around the top edge of the folio base to create a delicate, lacy doily effect on the folio.
Frame the small sentiment with a cluster of flowers, ribbon and a gorgeous butterfly. You can find links to these products below.
A Peek Inside
Now turn the card into a photo folio by adding a waterfall and a pocket inside.
Create mini folios for wallet sized photos with your scraps.
Tuck a larger note card and a gift card wallet in the bottom pocket to turn the card into a gift. Which is exactly what I did. This was my gift to my daughter in law on her birthday.
I’ve prepared a little video tour of the project with tips and tricks to help you see how all the various parts come together.
Spellbinders $50 Gift Card Giveaway
To celebrate this release, we are giving away a $50 gift certificate to 3 lucky blog readers – selected from the comments on our blog. Hop along for additional chances to win. Giveaway closes on Sunday, September 27th, 11:59 pm EDT. The winner will be announced in the blog hop post the following Tuesday. The winner is responsible for shipping cost, duties and taxes.
My $25 Gift Card Giveaway
Would you like a second chance to win a Spellbinder’s gift card? Then leave a comment on MY blog post. One randomly chosen winner will receive a $25 Spellbinders gift certificate.
I will notify the winner via e-mail and also post the name at the top of this blog post on October 3, 2020 .
If you are the lucky winner, please contact Spellbinders at email@example.com by October 4 , 2020
Please write Spellbinders September 2020 Blog Hop Winner from Kathy Clement’s Blog in the subject line.
Please note, store credit (gift certificate) cannot be applied to Club Subscriptions. Store credit can be applied to shop past Club products, Club extras and regular releases.
Sign up and Save
Join any Club and save 10% Off the first month. Must use Code NEWSEPT at time of subscription or savings will not be applied. Coupon code can only be applied to ONE CLUB per transaction. Offer is for individual consumer use only; not for distribution; excludes, tax, & shipping. Not valid on any previous web, phone or retail purchases; cannot be redeemed for cash; cannot be combined with any other offer; void where prohibited; limited to stock on hand. Offer only available 9/23/2020 to 9/30/2020 at 11:59 PST.
On With the Hop
Now let’s get hopping! Please click on these links to visit all the blogs in the September Hop.
Now hop on over and see what Ilina has prepared for you. Then don’t forget to hop over to the Spellbinders blog and leave a comment there to be entered into the $50 prize drawing!
Subscribe to Spellbinders Club Kits HERE. Subscribe to Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Club HERE.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and inspiration that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
You will find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for hopping by!
- Spellbinders September 2020 Amazing Paper Grace Club Kit
- My Mind’s Eye Gingham Gardens
- Raw Silk Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon