This hop is now closed. The winner is Lisa Conner, Lisa, please contact HC to claim your prize!
Heartfelt Creations Alumni Hop: All You Need is Love Valentine and Tag Tutorial
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the December Heartfelt Creations Alumni Hop! Now that Christmas is behind us, it’s time to focus in on Valentine’s Day. With that in mind, I created this All You Need is Love Valentine and Tag Tutorial using the new Heartfelt Love Collection.
Here are the supplies you will need to make this card:
- Heartfelt Love 12×12 Paper Collection
- Enchanted Mum Cling Stamp Set and Enchanted Mum Die
- Classic Rose Cling Stamp Set and Classic Rose Die
- Botanical Wings Cling Stamp Set and Botanical Wings Die
- Eyelet Oval Die
- Border Essentials Die
- Cut, Mat, Create Set 1-A and Set 1-B
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
- Ranger Archival Ink in Olive and Plum
- Distress Ink in Fossilized Amber and Worn Lipstick
- Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist
- Pearl Pink Double Faced Satin Ribbon approx 1 yard
- Mixed Pink Hearts on Pearl Pink Grosgrain Ribbon
- Silver Metallic String
- Pink Czech Beads
- Art Institute Dries Clear Glue, Hot Glue Gun, Scor-Tape, Scissors, Scoring Tool
- Two sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ Soft Pink Cardstock
- Some heart embellishments from your stash and an individually wrapped chocolate
- Corner Chompers : Corner Rounder, Scallop Corner
All You Need Is Love Valentine and Tag Tutorial: Creating the Flowers
- Stamp 3 sets of both the Botanical Rose and the Enchanted Mum on designer paper from the Heartfelt Love Collection. Die cut with the matching dies.
- Ink the center of each layer with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink.
- Then ink the edges of the petals with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.
- Spritz lightly with water.
- Then shape with the flower shaping kit and hot glue the layers together.
- Spritz each finished flower with Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist and set aside to dry.
- When completely dry, fill flower centers with Pink Czech beads and let dry again.
All You Need Is Love Valentine and Tag Tutorial: Making the Base
I always create the insides of my cards before I finish the card cover. This way, the card cover stays clean and none of the dimensional elements get crushed.
- Create a 5″ x 7″ top fold card base from one sheet of pale pink cardstock
- Now, line the inside of the card with designer paper from the Heartfelt Love Collection
- Next, cut “A Gift from the Heart” image from the cut apart page
- Then glue the top, bottom and left side of the image to form a pocket for the chocolate
- Next, cut a 3.5″ x 6″ piece of pale pink cardstock for the pocket
- Place on your score tool and score 1/2″ on bottom, left and right sides.
- Now, trim the two bottom corners so that the sides will fold easily. Glue together and make the pocket.
- Next, cut a 3″ x 5″ piece of pink gingham paper. Glue on the pocket front. Use a 1 3/8″ circle punch to create a thumb hole.
- Now, glue the pocket to the card base.
- Use the small rectangular die from Cut, Mat, Create Set 1-B to cut out the phrase from the word collage page in the collection. Mat on pink cardstock and glue to pocket to finish.
This is what your card will look like at this point.
The next step is to make the tag that fits in the pocket.
All You Need Is Love Valentine and Tag Tutorial: Making the Tag
- Cut a 4″ x 6″ rectangle from pale pink cardstock. This will be your tag base.
- Round the bottom corners with a corner rounder punch.
- Then shape the top corners with a scallop edge punch. I use Crop-a-Dile corner punches for this.
- Now, cut a 3.75″ x 5.75″ rectangle of the pale pink floral paper. Shape the top and bottom edges just as you did in the previous step. Don’t glue this to the tag base yet.
- Next, use the Border Essentials Die to create a belly band for the tag. Let the ends of the border overlap so you can fold them around the back of this tag layer. This will create a neat, finished appearance.
- Now, add 1/4″ Scor-Tape to the center of the belly band, again letting the ends overlap a little.
- Adhere the Valentine Heart Ribbon over the Scor-tape, wrapping the loose ends around to the back to create a neat appearance.
- Now you can glue this layer to the tag base.
- Add a charm of your choice to the ribbon layer.
- Next, punch a hole at the top and thread with 8″ of Pearl Pink Satin Ribbon.
- Then, tie a string bow with the Valentine Heart Ribbon and with Silver Metallic String
- Loop Silver Metallic String through your chosen heart charms and tie into the bow arrangement.
- Now, cut the two sentiment panels from the cut apart page. Shape the corners with a Crop-a-Dile punch (optional) and mat on pink cardstock. Glue as seen in the photo.
- Die cut the leaves and the flowers with the Cut Mat Create Dies and add to the tag. Place the tag in the pocket.
All You Need is Love Valentine and Tag Tutorial: Decorating the Card Cover
I always assemble my card front before I glue it to the card base.
- First, cut a 5″ x 7″ panel of the pink gingham paper from the Heartfelt Love Collection.
- Cut a 3.5″ x 5″ banner flag from the pale pink floral print. Mat on pink cardstock. Glue to the pink gingham panel as seen in the photo above.
- Now cut a 2.25″ x 6″ banner flag from the dark pink floral print paper. Mat on pink cardstock and glue so that it overlaps the first banner, as seen in the photo.
- Now, use the Eyelet Oval base die to cut a dark pink floral print oval.
- Then use the oval circle and eyelet die to cut a layer from pale pink floral paper. Glue this to the deep pink floral base.
- Next, back the eyelet oval with foam tabs or waste chipboard and glue to the card as seen in the photo above.
- Cut and mat All You Need is Love.
- Cut the same size layer from the pink word collage page and mat the same way you matted the sentiment panel.
- Now glue the word collage panel to the eyelet oval, using the photo as a guide for placement.
- Next, back All You Need Is Love with foam tabs or waste chipboard and glue to the card base as seen in the photo.
- Then, stamp 2 of the largest butterflies from Butterfly Medley on patterned paper. Die cut with the matching die.
All You Need Is Love Valentine and Tag Tutorial: Finishing Touches
- Now shape the butterfly wings with the largest stylus tip in the Flower Shaping Kit.
- Glue the two butterfly bodies together, lifting the wings to add dimension.
- Spray with Glimmer Mist.
- Add a small rose to the center of the body.
- Finally, glue in place as seen in the photo.
- Next, tie a triple loop bow from Pink Pearl Satin Ribbon and hot glue to the side of the card.
- Then glue all your prepared flowers in place, tucking them under the sentiment panels and between layers as well as down the side.
- Finally, add a button to the top of the sentiment panel.
Let’s Go to the Hop!
Now it’s time to hop along and get inspired by all the rest of the Heartfelt Creations Design Team.
The Hop starts 8AM EST on Friday December 29th and closes Monday, January 1, 2018 at 11.59PM EST.
Be sure to visit all the blogs in the hop, as one random comment from a mystery blog will be chosen to win a $25 shopping spree at Heartfelt Creations. The winner will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, January 3rd. I will also post the name of the winner at the top of this blog post.
If you are the lucky winner, simply email Heartfelt Creations at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winner of the December Alumni Hop” in the subject line. You will have 72 hours to claim your prize, or another winner will be chosen.
Here are the blogs in this hop:
I hope I’ve inspired you to break out your paper pretties and get your craft on!
Have fun hopping!