Farmhouse Fresh Throwback Thursday Tutorial and a Giveaway!
Hello, Friends! Welcome to Throwback Thursday! This week we are time traveling all the way back to 2015 when Authentique Homestead was released. This farmhouse fresh collection feels right at home in 2020! In fact, I wish Authentique would release this darling collection again. Today we’re going to make this darling easel card together. Easel cards are my “go to” card base when I want a quick and easy creation that also packs a great visual punch. I love the fact that they fold flat for mailing, but stand upright for display. And they offer a lot of real estate for flowers, ribbons and embellishments.
This is a basic 6″ x 6″ easel card base with lots of matted layers. To add a little farmhouse shite to the card, I die cut 2 of the corner pieces from my Amazing Paper Grace Elegant Infinity Die and tucked them between the layers. You’ll see how to put all of these elements together in the video tutorial below.
Farmhouse Fresh Details: The Stopper
The stopper or brake on this card is made with a sticker from the collection. It’s my favorite element. It’s actually part of the pocket on the card interior.
I always design the inside of an easel card first.
- First, mat a 5 3/4″ square of the gold gingham paper on a slightly larger burgundy mat and adhere on the bottom half of the card.
- Next, cut (2) 5 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ panels of designer paper to line the top sections of the card.
- Now, create a pocket with a 6 3/4″ x 3″ panel of burgundy cardstock.
- Then mat a 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ panel of the blue calico print on navy cardstock and adhere to the pocket face.
- Cut a 5 1/2″ long scrap of the animal print and mat the top and bottom on a scrap of burgundy cardstock. Adhere in the center of the pocket. Back with dimensionals.
- Mat the sticker on navy cardstock and trim around it. Repeat with burgundy.
- Die cut 2 little houses and 2 picket fences from Amazing Paper Grace November 2018 Die of the Month. Layer the houses together with small foam tabs and adhere at the top of the sticker. Adhere the picket fences on either side.
- Tie a small burlap string bow and top with a cherry button.
- Adhere on the left hand side of the pocket.
The pocket serves as the brake for the easel card front. I love being able to add a pocket to an easel card!
Farmhouse Fresh Finishing Touches
Tuck a 3″ x 4″ Authentic Life card, chocolate, tea bag and honey stick inside the pocket. Now this card is a gift.
A Little Giveaway
You’ll want to watch this video tutorial all the way to the end to find out how to enter the little giveaway on my YouTube Channel. I have a brand new 6×6 Homestead Paper Bundle, ribbon, 12 Authentic Life Cards, Cherry Buttons and some Petaloo flowers for one lucky comment. I thought we could all use a little “pick me up” right about now. And pretty papers always lift my spirits!
To enter the giveaway you must:
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Like the video tutorial
- Leave a comment
That’s it! I’ll announce the winner on my YouTube Community page on Monday, May 25th.
You’ll find a linked supply list (for items that are not already retired) below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Authentique Homestead
- 12×12 Paper Pad (I can’t believe I found this for you! It’s a minor miracle!)
- Sticker Sheet
- Cardstock Components
- 12×12 Collection Kit (comes with stickers and components sheet)
- Christmas Village Vignette Frame Die (house, picket fence)
- Elegant Infinity DOM March 2020
- 3/8″ wine gingham
- cherry buttons