Happy 1st Birthday Card with Photoplay Hush Little Baby Girl Collection
Hello, Friends! I recently had to make a Happy 1st Birthday card for our sweet next door neighbor’s little girl. Fortunately, I had Photoplay’s “Hush, Little Baby Girl” paper collection in the Closet of Inspiration and Delight. Although it’s designed to welcome a new baby girl, I was able to make this adorable collection work perfectly for a 1st birthday card. Today I’m going to share a few sneaky tricks that you might be able to use the next time you have the chance to make a 1st birthday card.
Tricks of the Trade
- First, create a 6″ x 6″ top fold card base from white cardstock.
- Next, cut a 5 7/8″ square of the green gingham paper pattern.
- Then select two different patterned papers. Die cut each with a different sized circle die.
- Now, die cut the “1” from the “1 month old” 3×4 card using a smaller circle die. Sneaky, right? Since this collection is geared for a new baby, you have to get a little bit creative to make it work.
- Create a pair of banners using other patterned papers and dies. (I’ll try to link these below, but they might be discontinued. Just use whatever small banner dies you have in house.)
- Overlap the 3 die cut circles as seen in the photo. Then adhere the banners to kind of tie everything together.
- Now comes the fun part! Create a little scene with stickers from the paper collection.
- Finally, add a ribbon border and a button to finish off this cheery card.
A Peek Inside
Create a dynamic interior for your card by layering diagonal cuts of the gingham check and the rainbow striped papers. Then cover the top half of the card with the sweet pink hearts design. Add a 3×4 card sentiment and accent with a few more stickers. Quick, easy, and oh, so cute!
Create a custom envelope with your envelope punch tool, puffy alpha letters and a little cupcake border. (I found this in my stash…how lucky was that?)
We had a sweet little birthday celebration dinner together, and Abby loved her card, but I honestly think her mommy loved it more.
That’s it for me today, folks. Short and sweet! I’ll be back tomorrow with this week’s Throwback Thursday.
You’ll find a linked supply list below the post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Photoplay Hush, Little Baby Girl Collection Kit
- Stitched Circle Dies
- Grosgrain Ribbon
- Button from my stash
- Pinkfresh Rainbow Puffy Alpha Stickers (out of stock)
- Envelope Punch Tool