Heartfelt Creations January 2022 Alumni Blog Hop: Floral Frames Shaker Card Folio
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations January 2022 Alumni Blog Hop! The Alumni Team has been hard at work creating loads of crafty inspiration for you this month! You can find the complete hop list near the bottom of this post.
The hop starts here and continues until 11:55 PM EST on Monday, January 31st. There are TWO Heartfelt Creations $25 Gift Certificates up for grabs: one comment will be randomly chosen from a mystery blog in the hop. The other comment will be randomly chosen from the Heartfelt Creations Blog.
Winners will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations BLOG and FACEBOOK PAGE on Wednesday, February 2nd. The winners can claim their gift certificate in an email to email@example.com. Please write “Winner of the January 2022 Alumni Hop” in the subject line of your email. You will have 72 hours to claim your prize after the announcement.
Now let’s get this party started!
Floral Frames Cozy Cottage Shaker Card Folio
Don’t you want to enjoy a vacation in this cozy cottage? I used the Rectangular Floral Frames Die to cut the image and frame from the 12×12 Floral Frames paper pad. Then I turned it into a shaker element for my 5″ x 7″ card.
TIP: Short on time? Don’t forget to use the wonderful pre-colored images and flowers in the 12×12 paper pad! Simply place the matching frame or flower die over the image and cut. This is a huge time saver, and one of my favorite features about the paper pads.
Here’s how to turn this frame into a shaker element for your card:
- First, die cut the cottage image/frame from the paper pad with the Rectangular Floral Frame Die. Adhere this to your card front.
- Next, use Dries Clear Adhesive to glue a piece of clear cardstock to the back of the frame.
- Now, add 3 layers of 1/8″ foam tape around the inside perimeter on the back side of the frame.
- Then, place your shaker elements over the cottage image on your card front. Use a mix of sequins, beads, pearls, buttons and Prills to fill the shaker.
- Finally, line up the prepared frame over the image and press firmly in place.
Making the Flowers
When it’s time to make the flowers to adorn your frame, simply die cut them directly from the paper pad. Then shape and stack the layers together. Use a paint brush to apply a light coat of Dries Clear Adhesive, then cover with Crystal Clear Glitter. Fill the centers with a mix of Prills. Dot adhesive on the die cut leaves and sprinkle with Prills to add a pop of color and texture to your card.
A Peek Inside
You can turn a simple card into a lovely gift by adding a little treat pocket. Then take your design a step further by creating a folio for the top half of the card.
- First cut a sheet of patterned paper into (2) 12″ x 5 1/2″ strips.
- Next, overlap the ends of the two panels 1/4″ and adhere together to make one long piece of patterned paper.
- Now, score along this panel every 4 3/4″. Then accordion fold to make a little folio.
- Then adhere a piece of ribbon to the back side of the folio to serve as a closure.
- Finally, adhere the folio in the center of the top of the card.
Tuck a little tea bag wallet, honey stick, tag and chocolate into the pocket as a special surprise.
Dress up your folio with a little bee charm.
Add photos, hand written notes or inspirational quotes on the folio pages.
Dress up the folio pages with frames or liner pages cut from the paper pad.
Now you’ve turned this card into an itty bitty mini album! How fun is that?
These card folios make wonderful gifts for special occasions and they are so much fun to make!
On With the Hop!
Now you can visit the rest of the Alumni Team blogs to see what gorgeous inspiration they have in store for you.
Remember to leave a comment on each blog to be entered into the drawing for a $25 gift card. And don’t forget to visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog. They have a special tutorial prepared for you as well as a second chance to win a $25 gift certificate!
Kathy (You are HERE) ♥ Vicki ♥ Carole ♥ Amarilys ♥ Lisa ♥ Monica ♥ Alissa ♥ Candy ♥ Oksana ♥ Heartfelt Creations Blog ♥
To Leave a Comment on this blog: Click on the “Replies” link located beneath the title at the TOP of this post.
Please comment with your first and last name so that we can easily identify the winner. Thanks!
You will find a linked supply list below this post.
Enjoy the hop!
- Floral Frames Collection
- Mineral Ice Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon
- Lilac Lane Winter Forest Shaker Mix
- Lilac Lane Blush Sequins
- Button and charm from my stash