Carta Bella Welcome Fall Layered Stitched Diamond Shaker Card Tutorial with Reneabouquets
Hello, Friends! It’s Make & Take Tuesday, and I have a delightfully different Layered Stitched Diamond Shaker Card Tutorial to share with you. Are you ready to get your craft on?
Spellbinders Layered Stitched Diamond Die
Although the Layered Stitched Diamond Die is part of Spellbinders Holiday Stitching Release, I wanted to use it in a fall project. Why? Well, because I had just purchased Carta Bella’s gorgeous new “Welcome Fall” collection.
It was very easy to modify this die to suit my purposes.
- First, die cut the outer frame and main die from orange metallic cardstock.
- Next, use your craft knife to cut out the small rectangle piece that is attached in the center of the die cut.
TIP: If you have a glass cutting mat, or an old piece of glass from a picture frame, use that as your cutting surface. A craft knife glides more easily when you are cutting over glass. This gives you a cleaner cut.
- Now cut a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ panel of clear cardstock (acetate sheet or window sheet).
- Adhere this to the back side of the die cut frame.
- Then add 3 layers of 1/8″ foam strips around the back side of the prepared die cut panel.
- Next, cut a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ panel of plaid paper from Welcome Fall. Adhere the “Hello, Fall” ephemera circle in the top half of the plaid panel.
- Finally, place your shaker mix in the center of the plaid panel, center up the prepared shaker frame and press in place to seal.
You have probably noticed that I did not stitch a thing on this frame. That’s because the etched lines on the metallic paper looked so fabulous that I did not wish to cover them up. The lines are meant to be a guide for stitching on the card. But it’ s OK if you don’t stitch! The frame still looks amazing!
Dress the frame up with a gorgeous fall pumpkin from Reneabouquets. Then tuck in some leaves, create a bow cluster, and add some sweet copper acorns to finish the card front. So simple, but so pretty!
A Peek Inside
Naturally, I created a pocket inside the card.
Then I created a little 4 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ photo folio and a bookmark to tuck into the pocket. So many families take portraits in the fall that I thought it would be nice to create a special spot for one.
Layered Stitched Diamond Shaker Card Tutorial on YouTube
Here’s a little step by step tutorial to help you put this card together. We start with a tour of the paper collection and a good look at the Spellbinders die. Then I show you how to create a 5 1/4″ x 7 1/4″ top fold base using 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock. After that, we are off to the races! I hope you enjoy!
You can find a linked supply list below the post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Spellbinders Layered Stitched Diamond Die
- Carta Bella Welcome Fall
- Reneabouquets Fall Pumpkin and Fawn Roses
- Buttons, Sequins and Charms from my stash
- Rust/Ivory Plaid Ribbon (substitute Ivory/Rust/Gold Plaid)
- Burlap String