Alice Meets the Queen of Hearts Shaker Card with Reneabouquets
Hello, Friends! Meet me in the rose garden and we’ll have a chat about this Alice Meets the Queen of Hearts Shaker Card. This whimsical creation is made with the very last bits of my Lemoncraft Delicious papers and some Reneabouquets Printed Beautiful Board. Oh, the fun I have had with this paper collection! You can see other creations made with these lovely papers HERE and HERE.
Today I’ve paired the papers up with some of my Reneabouquets goodies. I found a lovely selection of Alice themed Printed Beautiful Board in the shop and thought it worked well with the tea themed papers. Remember when Alice and the Queen of Hearts played croquet together in the rose garden? And the croquet balls were hedgehogs! That is one of my favorite chapters from the book!
The Shaker Element
This Butterfly Flourish Frame makes the perfect backdrop for Alice and the Queen of Hearts. Here’s how to make it:
- First, heat emboss a Medium Butterfly Flourish Frame with Vintage Champagne Wow embossing powder.
- Next, trace the inside of the frame onto clear cardstock. Use a stylus to do this so you don’t leave marks on the acetate. Then when you cut it out, cut the outside edge.
- Now adhere the acetate to the back of the frame with Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Then back the frame with 3 rows of 1/8″ foam adhesive.
- Place your sequins where you want them on the card panel, then press the frame in place.
- Finally, place foam adhesive or dimensionals on the back of the Red Queen and Alice Printed Beautiful Board and adhere on each side of the frame.
I think it’s extra fun that the finished frame sort of resembles the mirror from Through the Looking Glass.
Every rose garden needs a butterfly! This one was the perfect match for my gold dusted red roses. A silver tone tea cup charm tucked into the bow cluster just seemed like the right thing to do. And I dug through my vintage black buttons to find these beauties. Aren’t they fun?
Do you see the little mushrooms peeking out from the rose garden? Perhaps this butterfly was once the Caterpillar from our story. Who knows?
A Peek Inside
I tucked a couple of goodies inside the pocket.
I found this tag while digging around in my stash, and could not resist adding it to the mix.
Enabler Alert: Printed Beautiful Board Sale at Reneabouquets
You’ll be happy to know that the Reneabouquets Shop is putting all their Printed Beautiful Board on sale starting July 1st. So if you’ve been eyeing some of the gorgeous Printed Beautiful Board I’ve been sharing here, this is the time to add it to your stash. Here’s the information about that:
I hope you’ve enjoyed this peek into my imagination and creative process. Sometimes, like Alice, I get completely lost and have the most wonderful adventures.
You’ll find a linked supply list below. And if you’d like to add this card to your stash, you can find it in my Etsy shop.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Scraps from LemonCraft Delicious and Prima Fruit Paradise
- 1/8″ foam strips
- Clear cardstock (acetate)
- Golden Opportunity Shaker mix
- Little Birdie Rosalind Sangria Flowers
- tea charm
- Houndstooth ribbon