Kaisercraft Mademoiselle Collage Style Card Tutorial for Throwback Thursday
Hello, Friends! It’s Throwback Thursday, and this week we’re creating a Kaisercraft Mademoiselle Collage Style Card together.
I’m a sucker for a vintage styled paper collection. The soft neutral tones of this paper collection along with the sewing imagery and old fashioned ladies in hats really drew me in. Pink and beige is one of my favorite color combinations in a card.
Tips for Making a Collage Style Card
I’ve had this collection for quite a while. All of the focal images had been used up in other projects. But I still had a nice stack of fussy cuts and ephemera. Perfect for a collage style card! I have to tell you, this card came together in record time! Here are some tips to help you if you have a favorite paper collection…but you’ve run out of focal images.
- Start by organizing your ephemera and fussy cuts in categories. I made little piles with all the clock images together, all the vintage ladies, butterflies, tags, tiny ephemera, etc. grouped together.
- Now pick the main image you want to feature on your card. For me, it was this lady in the fancy hat.
- Next, group smaller ephemera bits and layering pieces around your main image until you are happy with the arrangement. Remember to keep your main image as the main focus of the card. Think of everything else as being part of the supporting cast.
- Add dimension with foam dots. This type of layering adds lots of interest to the layout of the card.
Digging through my stash of flowers, I found these pretty Prima blooms. Their soft shades really worked with this vintage style collection. Then I just had to add ribbon, and the card was done!
A Peek Inside
Because I had a lot of paper scraps, I decided to create one of my Tea Party in a Box cards. Wrapping all the little treats is a great way to use up bits and bobs.
Create a little tea wallet with scraps of paper. Then stitch up a quick bookmark to tuck into the pocket along with the chocolate, honey stick and vintage spoon. I even made my own tassel for the bookmark!
Kaisercraft Mademoiselle Collage Style Card Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to see how I put the front cover of this card together, I hope you’ll enjoy this YouTube video.
Well, I hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s installment of Throwback Thursday. If you have some favorite retired paper collections in your stash that you’d like me to work with, please let me know in the comments. If I have them here, I’ll try to work them into a future Throwback Thursday tutorial.
Thanks for stopping by!
**Please note: Throwback Thursday projects use older, retired collections that may not be available online. I will list whenever possible. Thanks for understanding!
- Kaisercraft Mademoiselle (retired or out of stock)
- 12×12 paper collection
- 6×6 pad
- Prima Sharon Ziv flowers
- 3/8″ Coral Rose Mini Check Ribbon
- butterfly and bee charm from my stash