Spellbinders March 2021 Club Kits Blog Hop: Bee Happy Mason Jar Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Spellbinders March 2021 Club Kits Blog Hop! You should be coming here from Jennifer’s lovely blog. I have a serious crafty crush on this month’s Amazing Paper Grace Mini Vignette Floral Mason Jar Die Set. First, I collect vintage Mason Jars. Secondly, I adore shaker cards. And then there are the lovely Cinch and Go flowers that come with this set. Ooh la la! So the minute I took this lovely little die out of the packaging, I knew I would be shaking things up in my studio.
Bee Happy Mason Jar Shaker Card
It’s hard not to be happy when you look at this fresh as a daisy card. Here’s how it came together:
- First, create a 5″ x 7″ kraft card base with a 1/2″ top fold spine.
- Next, cut a 4 3/4″ x 4 1/2″ panel of the daisy patterned paper from Carta Bella’s Flower Garden paper collection.
- Then, layer on a 4 3/4″ x 3 1/4″ panel of pink check paper.
- Now die cut a doily background using the largest Amazing Paper Grace Picot Petite Circle Die, *Linked in Supply List below.
- Next, die cut the lacy flourishes using the die from the APG DOM kit. Adhere these where the two patterned papers meet.
- Fussy cut some little seed packets and adhere in the top right corner.
- Now adhere the doily and the mason jar.
- Next die cut flower layers and leaves, shape, add stamens and adhere.
- Finally, add a row of daisies, a bee hive button and ribbon to complete the card front.
How to Make a Mini Mason Jar Embellishment
If you’d like to learn how I turned the vignette die into a shaker embellishment I have a little video tutorial you can watch.
A Peek Inside
This is one of my signature “Tea Party in a Box” cards. Gift wrap chocolate, cookies, and a tea bag with scraps of designer paper. Then tuck in a vintage silver plate spoon and a honey stick to complete the tea party. Everything fits neatly into the box pocket. Now you have turned this card into a gift! You can find this card in my ETSY shop.
Spellbinders $50 Gift Card Giveaway
To celebrate this release, Spellbinders is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 3 lucky blog readers – selected from the comments on the Spellbinders blog. Giveaway closes on Sunday, March 14th, 11:59 pm MST. The winner will be announced in the Spellbinders blog hop post the following Tuesday. The winner is responsible for shipping cost, duties and taxes.
Please note, store credit (gift certificate) cannot be applied to Club Subscriptions. Store credit can be applied to shop past Club products, Club extras and regular releases.
Would you like to join the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Club? It’s a great way to add to your die cutting collection. Find out all about how to join HERE.
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over to see what paper pretties Jean has in store for you. Here’s the complete hop list for this month.
Kathy Clement YOU ARE HERE
Henriëtte van Mierlo
I hope I’ve shared some fun tips and tricks for using this Mini Vignette Mason Jar Die. You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Amazing Paper Grace March 2020 Die of the Month
- Picot Petite Circles Die
- Journey Twine
- Carta Bella Flower Garden Collection Kit
- Flower Garden Solids
- Lilac Lane Pastel Dreams Shaker Mix
- Busy Bees Buttons
- 1/8″ foam strips
- Clear Cardstock (Acetate sheets)
- Little Birdie Flowers Marina Moon Light
- Moss Plaid Ribbon