Spellbinders May 2021 Club Kits Blog Hop: Vignette Garden Gate Morning Glories
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Spellbinders May 2021 Club Kits Blog Hop! You should be coming here from Amanda’s lovely blog. Today I’m featuring the Amazing Paper Grace Vignette Garden Gate and the Clear Stamp of the Month. Morning Glories welcome you to open this charming gate and step inside for a refreshing glass of iced tea.
Farmhouse Garden Gate Tips and Tricks
Patterned papers and images from Simple Stories Simple Vintage Farmhouse Garden collection provide the perfect setting for this dimensional garden gate. You’ll be happy to know that this gate came together quickly and easily. Here’s how:
- First, die cut 2 gates from cream cardstock.
- Next, adhere the gates together to provide extra strength.
- Now, gently round the gate by rolling it over the barrel of a marker to create a curve.
- Then place 1/8″ foam adhesive strips on the left and right hand fence posts.
- Adhere the posts to the card front one at a time. After the first post has been adhered you can gently push the opposite post toward the center of the gate to create the curve.
Now you can tie a bow through the front of the gate, add flowers, butterflies and other embellishments to finish the design.
Making the Morning Glories
Would you like to know my secret tip for making the flowers on this card?
- First, die cut a whole bunch of flower and leaf layers from scraps of cream cardstock.
- Next, place the leaves and flower layers in separate containers. I used shallow recycled plastic snack containers for this. (Smart Balance Snacks work great.)
- Now, place a drop of Distress re-inker in the plastic container and spray in a bit of water. You need just enough water to create a small puddle.
- Next, tip the container around to color the leaves and flower layers.
- Then fold paper towels and tip the colored leaves and flowers out to dry.
- Shape the leaves by running a small ball stylus up the center. Then shape the flowers by poking the center with a small ball stylus. This will lift the petals and cup the flowers.
- Now layer the flowers together with a dot of adhesive. Then place Dries Clear Adhesive in the cup of each flower and sprinkle in a few Prills.
A Peek Inside
Create an envelope pocket inside the card. Then mat a 3×4 card from the paper collection on matching cardstock. Thread a ribbon through the top and tuck inside the envelope pocket. Now stamp a sentiment from the stamp set on patterned paper. I love the fonts, tiny florals and sentiments in this set! They are perfect for cardmaking!
Spellbinders $50 Gift Card Giveaway
Would you like to win some free Spellbinders goodies?
To celebrate this release, we are giving away a $50 gift certificate to 3 lucky blog readers – selected from the comments on our blog. Giveaway closes on Sunday, May 23rd, 11:59 pm MST. The winner will be announced in this blog hop post the following Tuesday. The winner is responsible for shipping cost, duties and taxes.
Please note, store credit (gift certificate) cannot be applied to Club Subscriptions. Store credit can be applied to shop past Club products, Club extras and regular releases.
Would you like to join the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Club? It’s a great way to add to your die cutting collection. Find out all about how to join HERE.
Learn more about the Clear Stamp of the Month Club, HERE.
You can find out about all the amazing Spellbinders May 2021 Club Kits HERE.
On With the Spellbinders May 2021 Club Kits Blog Hop!
Would you like to see more inspiration using the May 2021 Club Kits? Then click on each blog link below and hop to your heart’s content!
You can find the entire blog hop list below.
Remember to finish the hop up over on the Spellbinders Blog. Be sure to leave a comment so you will be entered into the drawing for the $50 Spellbinders Gift Card.
Do you love adding mixed media techniques to your cardmaking? Then you might enjoy seeing this example of the Vignette Garden Gate.
Do you feel inspired to break out your Vignette Garden Gate and Clear Stamps of the Month? Hooray! Tell me what you plan to make, and how this post inspired you in the comment section. To leave a comment on this post, click on the blue “REPLIES” button beneath the title at the top of this page.
You can find a linked supply list below the signature.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Amazing Paper Grace May 2021 Club Kit (Vignette Garden Gate)
- Spellbinders May 2021 Clear Stamp of the Month
- Simple Stories Simple Vintage Farmhouse Garden Collection
- Distress Re-Inker: Ripe Persimmon, Peeled Paint, Dried Marigold
- 1/8″ Foam Adhesive Strips
- Custom Dyed Seam Binding (use the colored water left over from the flowers)
- Buttons from my stash