Eileen Hull Christmas Mittens Twisted Easel Card Tutorial with Authentique A Magical Christmas
Hello, Friends! Today I have a Christmas Mittens Twisted Easel Card to share with you. The Eileen Hull Educator Team is featuring Eileen’s darling new Mitten Box Die and Snowman Box Die this week. (Be sure to check out the Eileen Hull Blog on Wednesday. You’ll find a group post filled with inspiration, tutorials and ideas for her new release.)
There’s something magical about mittens at Christmas! Instead of using the die to make a box, I created a cute focal point for this holiday card. Authentique’s A Magical Christmas Collection is such a great partner for this cute die! Hanging the mittens upside down with a cluster of ribbons and flowers at the top gives them the appearance of an ornament. In fact, you could even make tree ornaments this way! I’ll show you how to do this in the tutorial below.
TIP: Add festive mini banners by cutting card scraps with Eileen’s Banner and Pennant Thinlets Die. Stagger the die layers to create a sense of depth and dimension Then add cute little bows and bitty buttons to the corners.
The Twisted Easel Card
Twisted easel cards may look complicated, but they are actually very easy to make.
- First, create a 6″ x 6″ top fold card base.
- Next, fold the point of the bottom right corner up until it lines up with the point of the top left hand corner. (It will look like a triangle.)
- Then just fold and crease! Now you have a twisted easel card base.
- Cut mittens, rickrack, and hearts from mat board or medium weight chipboard.
- Flip the mittens so that you have a thumb on the right and a thumb on the left.
- When die cutting the designer paper to cover the mittens, put one piece in face down and the other face up. This way your papers will “match” and fit the die cut properly.
TIP: Fold the bottom left hand corner up to the top right hand corner to make a twisted easel card that faces the other direction. Isn’t that fun?
I love using twisted easel cards as home decor. This Christmas version would be so pretty perched on a holiday mantel!
A Hidden Pocket
The video tutorial will show you how to build the card base, add layers and create this fun hidden tag pocket. Eileen’s Pocket and Tag Die fits perfectly behind this pair of Christmas mittens. You can easily add a gift card to the tag with a dab of hot glue or a glue dot. So now, this card is also a gift!
A Peek Inside
The pocket part of Eileen’s Pocket and Tag die fits perfectly in the corner of the card interior. I tucked a little Holiday Tea Bag inside, just for fun.
Christmas Mittens Twisted Easel Card Tutorial on YouTube
So are you ready to get your craft on? Please enjoy this video tutorial showcasing Eileen’s dies and Authentique Paper’s A Magical Christmas Collection.
Once you learn how to make this fun card base, I know you’ll want to make a ton of them. They would make great Christmas luncheon favors or girlfriend gifts.
To see more projects made with Eileen’s new dies, click HERE.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Eileen Hull Sizzix Dies
- Authentique Paper
- Prima Christmas in the Country Flowers
- Sizzix Mat Board
- Ribbon and Embellishments from my stash