Heartfelt Creations November 2021 Alumni Blog Hop: Snowy Pines Shaker Easel Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations November 2021 Alumni Blog Hop! Are you excited about the Black Friday Special Edition Release? We sure are! Several members of the Alumni Team will be featuring projects using the new Classic Frame Dies in our posts this month. Get ready to be inspired! My inspiration piece features the lovely Fancy Classic Oval Frame paired up with the Snowy Pines and Festive Poinsettia collections. We’ll take a closer look at that in a second.
First I need to let you know that the hop runs from now until 11:55 PM EST on Monday, November 29th. This gives you plenty of time to visit all the blogs in the hop. A random selected comment from a mystery blog will chosen to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card!
But that’s not all! Heartfelt Creations is also offering a $25 gift card that will be awarded to a randomly chosen comment on their blog! That’s TWO chances to win a Heartfelt Creations shopping spree!
The winners will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations Facebook Page and Blog on Wednesday, December 1st. Winners have 72 hours to claim their prizes by contacting email@example.com. Please write “Winner of the November 2021 Alumni Blog Hop” in the subject line of your e-mail. So be sure to check the Heartfelt Blog and Facebook page on December 1st to see if you are one of the happy winners. Now, let’s get on with the hop!
Snowy Pines Shaker Easel Card
Christmas is right around the corner, so it’s time to get busy making beautiful Christmas cards and gifts. This 6×6 easel shaker card features papers from the Snowy Pines Collection.
The Classic Fancy Oval Frame Die makes a great shaker element! Here’s how I made it:
- First, die cut the Classic Fancy Oval Frame from gold mirror cardstock.
- Then cut an oval piece of clear cardstock to fit the back of the frame. Adhere this with Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Next, while you are waiting for the adhesive to dry, add a little Crystal Clear Glitter to the snowy portions of the card front.
- Now, adhere 3 layers of 1/8″ foam strips to the back side of the oval frame.
- Then place your shaker elements (sequins, buttons, beads and pearls) over the image. Remove the tape liner and press the frame into place.
Festive Poinsettias the E-Z Way!
Now we get to make some beautiful Festive Poinsettia Flowers! I like to do this the E-Z way!
- First, stamp the smallest Small Festive Poinsettia on a panel of the red patterned paper from the Snowy Pines Collection. I used Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Ink for this step. Using the patterned paper means that the flowers are already perfectly color-matched, which saves time!
- Next, heat emboss the stamped flowers with clear embossing powder. This makes the detailed veins in the petals stand out.
- Now die cut the petals with the Small Festive Poinsettia Die.
- Then add texture and shine to the petals by tapping them with diluted Carmine Red Nuvo 3D Stamp paint.
- Next, dilute a little white chalk paint and spatter the flowers to give them a snowy appearance.
- When the flowers have dried, shape them in the Festive Poinsettia Mold.
- Finish the flowers with Red Bead/Berry Clusters in the center.
To add fulness and foliage to your floral display, stamp and die cut some Holly Berry Sprays.
Create a Brake for Your Easel Card
Create a brake, or stopper, for your easel card by making a pocket from a 6×6 card front. Then add ribbon, snowy jingle bells and a fancy button to finish the design.
A Peek Inside
Pockets turn cards into gifts!
Use scraps of your gold foil and patterned paper to make a little gift card/treat wallet.
Now tuck in a little Christmas tea and chocolate treat as the perfect finishing touch! There is also room to write a little note, or to sneak in a gift card. What a perfect Secret Santa gift!
On With the Hop!
Are you ready to hop? Our Alumni Team Designers have prepared all kinds of crafty inspiration for you! Don’t forget to leave comments on each Alumni Team blog AND the Heartfelt Creations Blog to be entered into those drawings for $25 gift cards!
♥ Kathy Clement: You are HERE ♥ Vicki Dutcher ♥ Carole Wright ♥ Monica Edwards ♥ Oksana Clegg ♥ Emily Niehaus ♥ Candy Slabaugh ♥ Lisa Gregory ♥ Alissa Wells ♥ Amarilys Doria ♥ Heartfelt Creations
To leave a comment on this blog: Click on the REPLIES button that is located at the top of the page just below the blog post title.
You will find a linked supply list below this post.
Enjoy the hop…and Black Friday shopping!
- Snowy Pines 12×12 Paper Pad
- Holly Berry Spray Stamp and Matching Die
- Small Festive Poinsettia Stamp and Matching Die
- 3D Small Festive Poinsettia Shaping Mold
- Fancy Classic Oval Frame Die
- Sage/Olive Variegated Ribbon
- Bead/Berry Sprays