Sail Away Shaker Pop Up Card with Really Reasonable Ribbon and Photoplay Sweet Sunshine
Hello, Friends! Here’s a super fun to make Sail Away Shaker Pop Up card to get your crafty mojo flowing! I’ve paired up Glory Blue Seam Binding and Airmail Baker’s Twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon with some nautical patterns and images from Photoplay Paper’s Sweet Sunshine Paper Collection. I’m really enjoying working with these summery papers!
How to make the Shaker Window
This pop up window is very easy to make thanks to the Mini Slim Build a Window Dies from Photoplay Paper. Here’s how I did it:
- First, cover a Maker’s Series Pop-Up Card Base with a 3 3/8″ x 6 1/4″ panel of the blue wave print from Sweet Sunshine.
- Next, mat a 3 1/4″ x 6 1/8″ panel of the beach fun pattern over the blue.
- Now cut a 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ square of the light blue waves and adhere in the center of the card front.
- Locate the 2 3/4″ x 3 1/8″ rectangle die and the oval die from the Build a Window Die. Leave the oval die attached to the die frame, but remove the tag die that’s in the center.
- Now die cut the dark blue wave pattern. This will create the shaker window. Cut acetate to cover the back and add 3 layers of 1/8″ foam tape.
- Adhere the sailboat sticker in the center of the light blue waves. Then add your shaker mix and place the frame over the image.
Glory Blue Seam Binding Ribbon is the perfect shade for this project! Die cut the tag from white cardstock, stamp it with a sentiment stamp (linked below) and tie it to the frame with Airmail Baker’s Twine.
Easy Peasy Pop Up Card
Do pop up cards make your palms sweat? Then try out the Photoplay Maker’s Series Pop Up card base. It makes this cute pop up mechanism in no time flat! Just add some more stamped sentiments and a handy gift card pocket and your work is done.
This sweet tag is the perfect addition to blank sentiment card and gift card pocket. The final touch is adding a couple of sweet seagulls from Reneabouquets. (They are really doves…but if you don’t tell, I won’t either!)
That’s another fun summer card in the card bank, my friends! You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Photoplay Sweet Sunshine
- Clear Cardstock (Acetate Sheets)
- Foam Tape
- Shaker Mix
- Reneabouquets Doves
- Bits and Bobs from my stash