Spellbinders Gnome Drive Card Tutorial with Photoplay Serendipity
Hello, Friends! This adorable birthday card is made with Spellbinders Gnome Drive dies. It’s part of the August release and it is so much fun to work with. I’ve paired it up with vibrant Serendipity papers from Photoplay. This gnome in her snazzy pink convertible looks ready to party!
There are 6 die sets and one sentiment stamp set in this fun release. Our birthday party gnome is made with both the Holiday and Hearts for You set. I also got the Spring set which features St. Patrick’s Day and Easter dies, but I’ll share those later when we are closer to the holiday.
If you are only going to get one die from this set, I highly recommend that you get Gnome Drive Holiday. That’s because it is the only set that comes with the car and the gnome body. The other sets are what I call “add on” dies.
Tips for Working with Tiny Dies
Do you ever struggle when working with a die that has a lot of little pieces and layers? I have a few helpful tips to make the job easier.
- First, place your dies on a magnetic sheet so that you don’t lose any of the itty bitty pieces. It’s no fun digging through the trash can looking for that tiny gnome nose or steering wheel, let me tell you!
- Save money by using magnetic furnace vent sheets instead of manufacturer magnetic die sheets. Cut them to the size you need and you’ll save a ton of cash so you can buy more dies!
- Die cut each piece from 110# cardstock (you can use scraps) before you die cut from patterned paper. Then use the 110# cardstock as a base for the pattered paper. It’s so much easier to handle small pieces this way.
- Keep a small bowl or box at your side and place each die cut piece in it so they don’t get lost.
- Finally, place each die back on the magnetic sheet after it has been cut.
A Peek Inside
Finish this cheery card with an inside pocket and gift card wallet. You will learn how to make the wallet in the video tutorial for this card.
Gnome Drive Holiday Card
Here’s our happy little gnome getting ready for Christmas. I don’t know what it is about gnomes, but they always make me chuckle! I added googly eyes for even more fun. Graphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas papers work perfectly with the Picot Petite Circle and glittery Christmas paper. Of course, I had to add some rusty jingle bells to the bow.
This simple card “recipe” works for any season or theme. The same holds true for the gnomes. Just change the papers, and they become gnomes for all seasons.
Throwback Thursday Gnome Drive Birthday Card Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to join me as I put the pieces of the Happy Birthday Gnome card together, please enjoy this video tutorial.
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by, friends!
- Spellbinders Gnome Drive Dies
- Picot Petite Circle Die (discontinued and out of stock)
- Photoplay Serendipity Collection
- Graphic 45 Night Before Christmas DCE
- 8×8 Night Before Christmas Papers
- 3/8″ Forest Green Satin Ribbon
- Christmas Baker’s Twine
- 3/8″ Tangerine Plaid Ribbon
- Pink Baker’s Twine
- Bits and Bobs from my stash