Very Victorian Lavender Christmas Card
Hello, Friends! Today I have a Very Victorian Lavender Christmas Card to share with you. The inspiration for this eye candy was the Shabby Christmas Tags from Polly’s Paper Studio Etsy Shop. This darling reindeer rocking horse tag caught my eye, and I just had to create a Victorian style Christmas card to showcase it.
Here’s how I put this card together:
- First, create a 6 1/4″ x 6 1/4″ cream card base.
- Next, stitch around the edges of a 6″ x 6″ panel from Blue Fern’s Eclectic Charm Collection.
- Then Die cut the diamond shape from patterned paper using the Amazing Paper Grace Elegant Infinity Die.
- Now die cut corner pieces from cream cardstock using the same die.
- Back the diamond with dimensionals to create a little height, then adhere in the center of the card as seen in the photo above.
Shabby Christmas Tag Focal
Print off the Shabby Tags from Polly’s Paper. Then cut out the cute polka dot reindeer rocking horse tag to use as the focal image on the tag. I dressed it up with a snowflake charm and some itty bitty purple Christmas ornaments that I had in my stash. Next, change out the greeting on the card with a Little Birdie Crafts Christmas sticker (coming soon to their shop!).
Then, I clustered sparkly white flowers around the tag, accenting with itty bitty lavender posies. Do you spy the sweet vintage Christmas bells in the corner of the flower cluster? Those are from the same Little Birdie Sticker Sheet.
A Peek Inside
The Victorian vibe is strong inside the card! Decorate your 6×6 papers with the lovely vintage Christmas bells stickers from Little Birdie Crafts.
Of course, I had to create a pocket! And if there’s a pocket, there must be treats! This one holds a pouch of lovely cocoa to warm up a chilly December morning.
The little treat wallet holds a matched set of Ghiradelli Peppermint Bark to go along with the cocoa.
I had such fun creating this Christmas card with non-traditional colors and without using Christmas papers. You might want to check your stash to see if you have any non-holiday paper that might work well for making Christmas cards, too!
Oh, and you might be interested to know that both Polly’s Paper and Little Birdie are having some pretty incredible sales right now! Little Birdie has loaded about 150 new products into the shop including new paper collections and new flowers. Happy shopping!
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Shabby Woodland Christmas Tags
- Blue Fern Eclectic Charm 6×6 paper pad (retired, but you can find the 12×12 pack here.)
- Amazing Paper Grace Elegant Infinity Die (retired March 2020 DOM)
- Little Birdie Crafts Vintage Christmas Stickers (coming soon!)
- Celestina Shabby Chic Flowers
- Elira Birds and Berries Flowers
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Light Orchid Shimmer Satin
- Lavender Swiss Dot Grosgrain