Prima Spring Farmhouse Get Well Card: How Now Brown Cow?
Hello, Friends! You don’t usually think of putting a cow on a get well card, do you? But I think the pretty bovine image on this Prima Spring Farmhouse Get Well Card looks downright cheery.
I’ve lost count of just how many projects I’ve made with this gorgeous paper collection. It really as been a favorite. I guess it takes me back to my country roots. Growing up in Vermont, they always said there were more cows than people.
I had a bunch of scraps left on my desk after having made the Prima Spring Farmhouse Country Chic banner. Since I needed to make a get well card, I decided it would be easier to make a card than put them away. Here’s how this 5″ x 7″ card front came together.
Prima Spring Farmhouse Get Well Card: Creating the Layers
- First, create 5″ x 7″ side fold card base from brown cardstock.
- I had a scrap of the butterfly images from the 4″ x 6″ journal cards and tucked this in the upper right hand corner of the card.
- Then cut a 4 7/8″ x 6 7/8″ mat from pink cardstock.
- Now, stitch a 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″ panel of the brown check paper to the pink layer.
TIP: I like to build my card front “off site.” In other words, don’t glue the decorative card front to the card base until after the inside of the card has been completed. This keeps the card front clean and prevents dimensional elements from getting crushed.
- Next, cut a 4 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ belly band from the heart/dot pattern. Mat this on a slightly larger scrap of brown cardstock and adhere.
- Then cut a 4″ square from the gold foiled paper with the bees. Mat this on both brown and pink cardstock and adhere.
- Now cut a 31/2″ x 4 1/2 rectangle from the handwriting page. Mat as before and adhere.
- Then fussy cut along the top and side of the cow image from the 3″ x 4″ journal cards. Mat this on a slightly larger piece of brown cardstock.
- Finish the card front with Prima Spring Farmhouse Flowers and Say It in Crystals enamel dots. Add in some copper metal corners for a touch of class. Then add Tulip Taffeta and Brown Micro Gingham Bows for the perfect finishing touch.
Prima Spring Farmhouse Get Well Card: A Peek Inside
Create a little treat wallet and belly band using other scraps from your table.
Chocolate always makes everything better.
Next time you have a craftermath to clean up, try making a quick card with your scraps. It’s way more fun that cleaning up paper, and you get a pretty card as a bonus.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and inspiration that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!