Spellbinders December 2020 Club Kits Blog Hop: Roses in December Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Spellbinders December 2020 Club Kits Blog Hop! You should be coming here from Hussena’s lovely blog.
Roses in December
There’s an old saying: “God gives us memories that we might have roses in December.” That thought inspired this Roses in December Shaker card made with the Amazing Paper Grace Rose Garden Promise Dies from the 2020 APG Club Kit.
I chose a soft, neutral color palette to create a sense of serenity and nostalgia within the card design. Here’s how this card front came together:
- First, die cut the shaker frame from patterned paper. Use the Tool-in-One to clear out all the little chads.
- Now, lightly swipe the edges of the die cut frame with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
- Then cut a 5″ x 7″ piece of clear cardstock (acetate or clear acrylic) and adhere to the back side of the frame with a strong liquid adhesive.
TIP: Apply the adhesive in a thin bead. Then spread it either with your finger or a toothpick. This step will help prevent the adhesive from oozing out onto the clear cardstock.
- Next, back the edges of the frame with 1/8″ foam tape. I like to use 3 layers so that I can place larger elements like buttons and pearls into my shaker mix.
- Now choose a 5″ x 7″ panel of designer paper to serve as the card front.
- Then choose an image to sit in the center of that panel.
TIP: Find the perfect placement for your focal image. Place the metal die over your card background and lightly trace guide lines using a pencil. Now you know exactly where to adhere your focal image.
Now you only need to fill the shaker frame with your mix of buttons, beads and sequins. Press the prepared card front over the foam adhesive and press in place. Embellish the card with ribbon, creamy roses and your embellishments of choice.
A Peek Inside
Turn this card into a gift and a folio by adding a pocket and an accordion style photo album.
Provide room for journaling spots and even a gift card pocket, if desired.
The box pocket on the bottom half of the card is the perfect spot to add a little Tea Party for One. Create another mini folio from your scraps. Then wrap it with a belly band. Tuck a vintage demitasse spoon, tea bag, and mini candy cane into the belly band. Wrap cookies in a scrap of designer paper to dress them up. Then tuck in a mini honey dipper and a honey stick to complete the ensemble.
Here’s a look at the folio with the belly band removed.
Santa thinks you were very, very good this year, as this chocolate assortment proves. The folio flips open again with room for additional photos. You can write little greetings on the tiny tag, too.
Spellbinders $50 Giveaway
To celebrate this release, we are giving away a $50 gift certificate to 3 lucky blog readers – selected from the comments on our blog. Giveaway closes on Sunday, December 13th, 11:59 pm MST. The winner will be announced in this blog hop post the following Tuesday. The winner is responsible for shipping cost, duties and taxes.
Please note, store credit (gift certificate) cannot be applied to Club Subscriptions. Store credit can be applied to shop past Club products, Club extras and regular releases.
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over and see what paper pretties Ilina has prepared for you. I know you will be inspired. Here’s the whole list of bloggers in this month’s hop:
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use with your own Spellbinders December 2020 Club Kits. If you’d like to see another project made with the Rose Garden Promise Die, please click HERE.
If you are not subscribed to Spellbinder Club Kits, you can find information about all of them HERE.
To subscribe to the Amazing Paper Grace Club Kit, click HERE. The Rose Garden Promise Die will be in your first kit.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Amazing Paper Grace Rose Garden Promise Die Kit
- Assorted papers from my stash, all retired
- Maja Design A Gift for You
- MME Joyous
- Champagne Wrinkled Ribbon from May Arts
- Iridescent Metallic String
- Little Birdie Flowers: Fiona Ivory Roses
- Buttons Galore and More shaker elements