Heartfelt Creations March 2022 Alumni Blog Hop: Seasonal Daisies Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations March 2022 Alumni Blog Hop! The hop starts here and continues until 11:55 PM EDT on Monday, March 28th. At that time, a randomly chosen comment from a mystery blog will receive a $25 gift card to Heartfelt Creations. A second $25 gift card will be randomly chosen from comments on the Heartfelt Creations Blog. So be sure to visit all the blogs in the hop and leave some sweet words as you soak up all the crafty inspiration.
The winners of the gift certificates will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations Blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, March 30th. Winners will have 72 hours to claim their prize at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Winner of the March 2022 Alumni Blog Hop in the subject line of your email.
Now, let’s get this party started!
Seasonal Wreath and Delightful Daisies Shaker Card
My inspiration project for the hop is this 6×6 Shaker Easel Card. Green is my second favorite color, and it is found in abundance in the Seasonal Wreath Paper Collection. I’ve combined it with pretty yellow Delightful Daisies, ribbons, charms and a fun shaker window to make a bit of spring home décor.
TIME SAVING TIP # 1 : Die cut the greenery from the Seasonal Wreath Paper Pad using the matching dies. No need to stamp or color these pretty floral bits when you use this method. I did spritz them lightly with a little shimmer mist that I had in my stash.
TIME SAVING TIP #2: Always make a few extra flowers, that way you’ll have some in your stash when time is running short. These pretty yellow daisies were left over from a project I made some time ago. Store your extra flowers in small plastic bins or sandwich boxes to keep them in tip top condition.
Making the Shaker Frame
Making this shaker frame was so quick and easy that I just have to tell you how I did it.
- First, choose your 6×6 image from the paper pad.
- Next, choose a second 6×6 image that has the same size/shape opening in the center. Trim about 1/4″ from each side of the image.
- Now die cut the image from the center of the 2nd image using the Cut, Mat, Create Dies. This becomes the frame for your shaker window. Save the center for use in another project.
- Die cut a plain piece of 6×6 cardstock, and cut the center out of it using the Cut, Mat, Create Die. Back the frame piece with this to add strength to the frame.
- Then adhere clear cardstock to the back of the frame using Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Next, add 3 layers of foam strips to the back of the frame.
- Finally, place your shaker elements in the center of your chosen 6×6 image. Line the shaker frame over the top and press in place to seal.
See? It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Decorate your frame with the cute die cut bees and butterflies from the paper pad.
A Peek Inside
Add a pocket inside your easel card. This acts as a stopper, but it also gives you room to tuck in some little treats.
Add a card front to a folded piece of cardstock.
Then dress up a sentiment panel with a bit of border strip. Create a side pocket and tuck in a sunshiny tea bag to turn your card into a lovely gift.
On With the Hop
Now get your crafty inspiration flowing as you visit each Alumni Team Member’s blog. Remember to leave a comment so that you’ll be entered into the drawing for the $25 gift card. Finish up over on the Heartfelt Creations blog and leave another comment for another chance to win.
NOTE: To leave a comment on this blog, click on the “Leave a Reply” link located just below the post title at the top of the page.
If you’d like to create this card, I’ve linked the supplies below.
Enjoy the hop!
- Seasonal Wreath Collection
- Delightful Daisies
- Cut Mat Create 2 A Die (Large Rounded Square
- Clear Cardstock
- Foam Strips
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper
- Flower Shaping Tool Kit
- Other Supplies: