Prima Miel Square Tag Mini Album Tutorial for Throwback Thursday
Hello, Friends! Oh, I have the sweetest little Prima Miel Square Tag Mini Album Tutorial to share with you for our Throwback Thursday project this week! This idea popped into my head while I was working on some projects for our daughter’s wedding. We are just 3 weeks away from that happy day, and I’m making all the little table favors. (I’ll share those with you after the wedding!) Y’all know how much I love tags, and I’ve made quite a few tag albums in the past. This design borrows ideas from some of those, but it also has some fun new twists that I find to be very exciting!
The base for this little beauty is a pack of G45 Ivory Square Tags. How fun is that? This shabby chic gem is super easy to construct. You can use any paper that you happen to have in your stash, so go check out your Closet of Inspiration and Delight and see what’s waiting to be transformed into this charming project.
A Peek Inside
If you have the G45 Square Tag Die, this album comes together in a snap. Simple cut 12 tag liners for the covers and pages. If you don’t have the die, you can cut designer paper to 4 1/8″ x 4″, round the corners and only the ivory dome will show. You can ink that or leave it as it is. If you don’t have ivory tags, kraft tags would work just as well.
The tutorial shows you how to assemble the album base, line the pages and add the interactive elements.
Even though this album is small, it works well with the scale of this paper. And, there’s a surprising amount of room for photos and journaling.
The Pop Up Page
I even managed to fit in a pop up page! Here’s how to make it:
- First, cut a 10 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ panel of designer paper. Score at 5 1/4″ and fold a mountain fold.
- Next, fold the right hand side of the paper back toward the center fold and crease.
- Then fold the left hand side of the paper back toward the center fold and crease.
- You will now have 4 panels: 2 with valley folds and one with a mountain fold.
- Place adhesive on the outside edge of the left hand panel and adhere to the page base.
- Now place adhesive on the outside edge of the right hand panel and adhere to the base.
- The mountain fold should be centered between the 2 pages.
- Now close the album and crease. Easy peasy!
Look at these cute pockets! We will use a G45 Regular Kraft tag to make them. They are so quick and easy to do that you will want to add them to cards and projects all the time.
Prima Miel Square Tag Mini Album Tutorial on YouTube
If you love tags like I do, you might enjoy a stroll through my tag archives HERE.
Do you think you’ll take this sweet little tag album tutorial for a spin? I hope you do!
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Prima Miel Paper Collection
- Graphic 45 Tags
- Square Ivory
- Regular Kraft
- ATC Ivory
- Square Tags Die
- Embellishments Die
- ATC Tags Die
- Ribbon and Trims
- Antique Gold Silky Crush Ribbon
- 3/8″ Coral Rose Ribbon
- Lace from my stash
- Bits and Bobs from my stash