Bunny Week: Peter Cottontail Tea Party Card
Hello, Friends! I’m getting this Peter Cottontail Tea Party Card out a bit late this morning. I decided at the last minute to make this Bunny Week on the blog. On Sunday, I shared a Country Bunny card, and I have 2 other bunny cards in the queue. It’s spring, after all, and time to break out the bunnies!
This simple 5 1/2″ square card is all about the embellishments and trims.
- First, stitch a 5×5 panel of Memory Place Peter’s World paper to a slightly larger grey mat.
- Next, mat this on a slightly larger cream mat.
- Now, wrap the base of the card with velvet trim and a layer of pink micro gingham ribbon.
- Adhere button in the center of a mini doily and attach on the left.
- Then add some Prima crystals on the right.
- Create a flower cluster with Little Birdie Marina Amor Mio roses.
- Tie a triple loop pink micro gingham bow and tuck under the flower cluster.
- Attach a tag in the right hand corner of the card. Then add a teapot charm and a bitty teaspoon charm to bring the tag to life. Top with a flower.
TIP: Use a 1/2″ circle punch on the little buttons from the 6×6 paper pack. Top the buttons with a layer of Glossy Accents. Then sprinkle them very lightly with Crystal Clear Glitter. Set aside to dry. Then back with foam dimensionals and adhere above the flower cluster.
A Peek Inside
Here are a couple of easy tips that will add interest to the interior of your card. Since I am working with scraps, I have to get creative in the way I cover a card.
- First, make a “short” paper panel work for you by turning it into a pocket. The height of these two scraps was fine…but the width was short! So I adhered the narrow scrap to the card base first.
- Next, use an oval die to cut a decorative opening in the top layer. Position the die so that the pretty floral border is not eliminated. Save the cut out piece for later use. (You’ll see what I did with this tomorrow!)
- Now adhere the top, bottom and side of the top layer to the card base, forming a pocket. Then tuck a tea bag and tag into the opening.
- Create a little pocket decoration by adhere the sides and bottom of a ticket. Then tuck an even smaller ticket inside the pocket.
These simple tricks help to stretch out a well-loved and much-used paper collection. You can get quite a few more cards made, and liberate papers that are languishing away in the Closet of Shame.
Were these ideas and tips helpful? If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Now go get your craft on!
- Memory Place Peter’s World Paper Collection
- Little Birdie Marina Amor Mio Flowers
- Prima Velvet Trim
- Pink Micro Gingham
- Glossy Accents
- Sizzix 1/2″ circle punch (seems to be discontinued)
- Crystal Clear Glitter
- Prima Crystals
- Teapot and spoon charm
- Button and Doily from my stash