Throwback Thursday: Authentique Dublin Shaker Frame Folio Tour with Tips, Tricks & Measurements
Hello, Friends! It’s Throwback Thursday and I’m excited to share this Authentique Dublin Shaker Frame Folio with you. While this is not a full tutorial, I do have lots of tips, techniques and measurements for you. This is a Button Farm Club work week for me, as well as our 46th wedding anniversary. I told my sweet husband I would take the day off, so I didn’t have the time to do a step by step video for you this time.
This sweet little folio measures 5 3/4″ x 7″ x 1/2″. Here’s how to make the folio base:
- Cut (2) 11″ x 7″ panels of heavy white cardstock. Line up the 7″ sides and overlap about 1/4″. Secure with adhesive of your choice.
- Now, score the long side at 5 3/4″, 6 1/4″, and fold. Score again at 5 3/4″ and 8 3/4″. Measure 1 3/4″ from the final score line and trim.
- Next, fold the scored lines to form a folio with the spine on the left and a pocket/flap page.
- Cut (4) 5 5/8″ x 6 7/8″ green cardstock liners for the cover, inside cover, and center panel.
- Then cut (4) 5 1/2″ x 6 3/4″ patterned paper pieces to go over the green.
- Now cut a 2 7/8″ x 6 7/8″ panel of green cardstock for the flap page.
- Next, cut a 2 5/8″ x 6 3/4″ panel of patterned paper to go over the green mat.
- Then cut a 2″ x 6 7/8″ panel of green cardstock and a 1 1/2″ x 6 7/8″ panel to line the pocket flap.
- Finally, line the pocket and pocket flap with 1 3/4″ x 6 5/8″ and 1 3/8″ x 6 5/8″ panels of patterned cardstock.
Reneabouquets Shaker Box and Doily Details
Cut the Medium April in Paris beautiful board in half horizontally. Heat emboss with shabby white embossing powder. Layer one half at the top and one half at the bottom of the 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ panel in the center of the cover. Then back the Reneabouquets Tree of Life ATC Tag with clear cardstock and 3 rows of 1/8″ foam strips. Cut a 2 5/8″ x 3 1/2″ panel of tartan plaid paper to cover the back of the tag. Place Buttons Galore and More Leprechaun’s Luck sequins, gold beads and buttons over the paper, then press the frame in place.
Decorate the Spine
Look through your stash for some pretty charms and dangle from jump rings. This angle shot really shows off all the wonderful layers and dimension of the cover.
A Peek Inside
The inside of the folio has 3 sections: a pull out folio with a pocket page beneath it, a center pocket page, and a flap/pocket page with a small pull out folio.
Here are the measurements for the pull out folio:
- First, cut (2) 12″ x 6 3/4″ panels of the shamrock print paper. Join the ends together with adhesive, then score a 1″ flap.
- Now continue scoring all the way down the length of the panel every 5 1/2″. Trim away any excess length.
- Then accordion fold and adhere to the base page.
- Cut 4 5/8″ x 5 3/4″ mats from cream paper, 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ mats of green paper and 4 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ panels of patterned paper to dress up the pull out pages. Decorate every other page or so with a 3″ x 4″ image that’s matted on slightly larger cream cardstock.
Cut a full strip of the 3″ x 4″ and score between them to make a little pull out folio for the flap page.
Cut a 6 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ panel of patterned paper. Score 1/2″ on all 4 sides. Trim out the bottom corners to form a pocket. The fold the 1/2″ flap on the top down to make a cuffed pocket.
Fill the pocket with photo mats and a mini folio. After I took this photo, I also hand wrote my Irish Soda Bread recipe on a cute recipe card and tucked it in as a perfect finishing touch.
Authentique Dublin Shaker Frame Folio Tour on YouTube
If you’d like to see this folio in action, please enjoy this video tour with tips, techniques and measurements.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
If you’d like to purchase this folio, you can find it in my ETSY shop.
Thanks for stopping by!
***Please note: Throwback Thursdays are designed to inspire you to use older collections and supplies from your stash. For this reason, some items that I’ve used in my project are no longer available to purchase. I’ll link whenever they are, of course. If an item is not linked, it is because I could not find it in any of my usual sources. Thanks for your understanding!
- Authentique Dublin 12×12 Collection Kit (discontinued)
- Emerald Delicate Stitched Satin
- Gold Metallic String
- Shamrock Buttons
- Leprechaun’s Luck Shaker Mix
- Gold Seed Beads
- 1/8″ foam strips
- Clear Cardstock (acetate sheets)
- Shabby White Embossing Enamel
- Versamark Ink
- Live, Laugh, Love Charm
- Hildie & Jo Ladybug charm