Ciao Bella Under the Tuscan Sun Sympathy Card Tutorial for Throwback Thursday
Hello, Friends! For this week’s Throwback Thursday I’m sharing a Ciao Bella Under the Tuscan Sun Sympathy Card Tutorial with you. Sympathy cards are probably the hardest cards to make. But they are also one of the most meaningful cards to receive. So it’s worth the time and effort it takes to make a really beautiful sympathy card. I share a lot of tips and tricks for making them in the video tutorial below.
Here are a few tips for success when making a sympathy card.
- First, think color. Choose soft shades of green, blue, beige or even white. Save bright, bold colors for birthday cards!
- Next, look for calming, serene images. Grief is a chaotic emotion. So it’s good to choose images from nature, simple patterns and calming themes.
- Keep your basic card design simple and more on the clean side. Even though I have used layers and some embellishments, the overall design of this card is uncluttered. That’s a good goal.
Since the sentiment panel is the focal image on this card, I added this 2 1/2″ circular image. To help it blend into the design, I added this Reneabouquets Butterfly. You can find links below.
A Peek Inside
I also kept the inside of the card very simple. The blank panel is where I’ll add my personal thoughts to my friend.
It’s a good investment to add a few sympathy sentiment stamps to your tool box. I probably use my sympathy sentiment stamps almost as often as I use my birthday stamps.
Ciao Bella Under the Tuscan Sun Sympathy Card Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to follow along as I create today’s card, please enjoy this video.
I’ll post a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Ciao Bella Under the Tuscan Sun Collection (All Retired)
- 12×12 papers
- 6×6 papers
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ Creative Pad
- Moss Shimmer Satin Ribbon
- Gold Metallic String
- Clear Embossing Pad
- Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel
- Seth Apter Ancient Amber Baked Textures
- WOW! Ultra Fine Gold Embossing Powder
- Little Birdie Flower