Summer Sunflowers Tea Party in a Box Tutorial with Graphic 45 August Time to Flourish
Hello, Friends! For this week’s Throwback Thursday I have this Summer Sunflowers Tea Party in a Box Tutorial to share with you. Last week we made our August Time to Flourish Banner with Graphic 45 Time to Flourish. I had a few bits of the paper left over, and thought you might enjoy making another one of my “scrappy” cards. It’s always fun to use up those last few bits and bobs of a favorite paper, right?
Since the August papers feature sunflowers, I decided to make my own with my Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower stamps, dies and shaping mold. Here’s the process that I followed to make them:
- First, swipe Fossilized Amber, Scattered Straw and Wild Honey Distress ink across a non-stick craft sheet.
- Next, spritz the ink with a mister bottle until small beads of color form.
- Now, swipe, tap and pat both sides of an 8 1/2″ x 11″ sheet of Elizabeth Craft Designs Soft White Cardstock through the ink until both sides are covered.
- If you have blank spots, fill in with Fossilized Amber ink applied with a blending tool.
- Then dry both sides of the paper thoroughly with a heat gun, or leave to dry for several hours.
- Stamp the Rustic Sunflowers onto the dried paper using Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide Ink.
- Next, die cut using the Heartfelt Creations Matching Dies.
- Then stamp the leaves on scraps of green cardstock and die cut.
- Shape the flower petals and leaves with the Rustic Sunflower mold following the manufacturer’s directions.
- Layer the sunflower petals together, staggering the leaves and securing with adhesive.
- Then cup the center of each flower with a stylus.
- Fill the flower center with hot glue and let it set up. Then place a thin layer of Dries Clear Adhesive over the hot glue and sprinkle with Prills. (Espresso Yourself, Power Outage, Copper Penny and Gilt Trip.)
- Spray the flower petals with mica spray to add a soft sheen.
A Peek Inside
I really had to get creative on the inside of this card, and even had to dip into my stash of July TTF papers. But we made it work!
Create a sweet tea sachet/gift card wallet with the 4×4 image from the paper collection. I also topped a blank piece of my cream cardstock with a sunflower to dress up a blank notecard.
Create a shadow border inside the tea wallet with Annette Green’s Lacy Borders dies from Elizabeth Craft.
Summer Sunflowers Tea Party in a Box Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to see how to create the Tea Party in a Box base an, cover art and inside design, please enjoy this tutorial on my YouTube channel.
That’s the very end of my August Time to Flourish papers. But what a way to go!
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for joining me!
- Graphic 45 Time to Flourish Deluxe Collector’s Edition
- 8×8 Time to Flourish Pad
- G45 Kraft ATC Tags
- ATC tag die
- Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower
- Mica Spray
- Distress Inks: Fossilized Amber, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey
- Rusty Hinge Distress Oxide Ink