Night Before Christmas Postage Edge Card Tutorial with Spellbinders Dies
Hello, Friends! It’s Make & Take Tuesday, and I have a festive Night Before Christmas Postage Edge Card Tutorial to share with you. These are brand new dies from Spellbinders Paper Arts, and they make card layering a breeze! I’ve paired them up with Graphic 45’s Twas the Night Before Christmas papers, but they would work well with any collection.
This is one of my signature Tea Party in a Box creations. I love making these as holiday gifts. Today’s tutorial focuses on creating the cover of the card. But you can find a tutorial for making a Tea Party in a Box card base HERE.
A Peek Inside
Do you struggle when it comes to using some large images on a card? Well, here’s a tip that will help you with that! Turn the base page into an interactive gatefold mechanism inside your card.
- First, trim the bottom of the 12×12 paper just below Santa’s boots.
- Now measure up 5 5/8″ and cut straight across the the paper.
- Next, center the Santa image on the top of your card.
- Then use a pencil or a stylus to mark how far to score each side panel.
- Score the panels, then fold them in toward the center of the card.
- Adhere the gatefold mechanism to the card base.
- Trim the 6″ x 4″ journal card to measure 5 1/2″ in width.
- Then adhere just the left hand side of the image to the left hand gate.
- Decorate the top and bottom of the green stripe paper with border pieces and fussy cut holly.
It’s cute, and a fun surprise to open!
Use paper scraps to dress some cookies, a York Peppermint Pattie, Holiday Tea Bah, and honeystick. Tuck in a vintage Italian demitasse spoon and a cute little 2 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ note card.
Night Before Christmas Postage Edge Card Tutorial on YouTube
Would you like to see how to layer up all those neat Postage Edge Squares on the front of your card? Then please enjoy this short and easy to follow video tutorial on YouTube.
I know this was a short tutorial today. But there is a good reason. Our 4th grandbaby, and our first grandson, Finn Michael was born last week. Between that wonderful event, and wedding plans for our daughter and the Button Farm Club Kit, I ran out of time! I’ll do better next week! Hopefully!
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks so much for stopping by!