Love Letters Shaker Card: Amazing Paper Grace January 2021 Die of the Month
Hello, Friends! This Love Letters shaker card is as sweet as a box of candy hearts! Remember decorating shoe boxes for Valentine’s Day Parties in elementary school? That’s what this card makes me think of. My mom always insisted that I make my Valentines from scratch. One year we baked big gingerbread cookies cut into heart shapes and piped with pink frosting. That’s the memory I was channeling while making this card with the Spellbinders Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month.
How to Make a Love Letters Shaker Card
First, find some cute Valentine’s Day paper. I used an older collection from Echo Park called “Blowing Kisses.” The mini envelope patterned paper seemed to be made to go with Becca’s darling Vignette Mini Mailbox Die. Here’s how this card came together:
- Create a 5″ x 7″ kraft cardstock card base.
- Next, mat a 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″ panel of the dot paper on both pink and red cardstock. Machine stitch around the edges if desired.
- Now mat a 4×6 panel of the mini envelope paper in the same way. Again, stitch if desired.
- Then cut the doily border to a width of 4″ and adhere on the bottom half of the card.
Making the Shaker Element
- Begin by die cutting 2 Mini Mailboxes from kraft cardstock. Cut one with the filigree insert, and one without. Die cut 3 mini envelopes from kraft cardstock and 3 hearts from red foil cardstock.
- Now cut another solid mailbox panel from clear cardstock (acetate).
- Next, cut the vignette tabs away from the sides of the mailbox.
- Adhere the clear cardstock to the back of the filigree mailbox panel.
- Then cut the solid mailbox front from the script patterned paper. Adhere this to the back panel of the mailbox.
- Now you just need to add foam tape to the sides of the filigree panel and fill with Valentine sequins.
- After the mailbox shaker element is adhered to the card center, add flowers, ribbons and embellishments.
A Peek Inside
Here’s how I finished the inside of the card. You just have to have a treat pocket on a Valentine, right?
Make a little treat wallet with a 3×4 card from the collection.
Then finish the inside with a little pocket for a tea bag. Tea and chocolate is my idea of the perfect Valentine treat!
If you’d like to see more samples made with this Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month, you can find them HERE. You’ll also find out how to sign up for the APG DOM Club if you are interested!
It’s always lovely to have Valentine’s Day to look forward to once Christmas and New Year’s are past. I hope this little Love Letters Shaker Card has inspired you to break out your Valentine papers and get your craft on!
You’ll find a linked supply list below the post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Spellbinders Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month
- Echo Park Blowing Kisses 12×12 paper collection (Retired)
- Little Birdie Celebrate Life Rosalind Roses
- Pearl Pink Satin Ribbon with Grosgrain Edge
- Lilac Lane Blush Shaker Mix
- Clear Cardstock
- 1/4″ Foam Tape
- Love Key