Hello, Friends! This Nautical Friendship Card is a quick and easy make thanks to some lovely ribbons and beautiful papers! And how much do we love the sentiment on the cover? I paired up three ribbons from the RRR February Ribbon Club with these gorgeous Authentique Voyager papers. Let’s take a closer look!
Nautical Friendship Card: The Details
- First, create a 5″ x 7″ top fold card base from kraft cardstock.
- Next, stitch around the perimeter of the 4 7/8″ x 6 7/8″ navy blue stars paper.
- Then, Cut a 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ panel of the horizontal blue striped paper. Mat this on slightly larger panels of cream and kraft cardstock. Stitch around the perimeter.
- Now, run 1/2″ Scor-Tape down the left hand side of the panel. Let the ends of the tape run about 1″ longer than the height of the panel.
- Burnish a piece of Tan Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon onto the Scor-Tape Border, then wrap the overhang around to the back side of the panel. Now you have a really neat and clean edge top and bottom.
- Then repeat this step using the Brown and Blue Chevron Striped Grosgrain Ribbon with 1/4″ Scor-Tape.
- Adhere the panel to the card base.
- Now, cut a double ended fish tail banner from a 3″ x 7″ panel of paper. (To make fishtail ends, just fold the paper in half and make a diagonal cut from the fold to the corner.) Adhere to the card base.
- Die cut an oval from the woodgrain paper. Back with dimensionals and adhere.
- Next, mat a 3″ x 4″ Life Card on both cream and kraft cardstock. Back with dimensionals and adhere.
Finish the card with a gorgeous Light Navy Bow topped with Gold Metallic String and a gold button. I poked around in the jewelry box to find this nautical pendant that was the perfect finishing touch!
Nautical Friendship Card: A Peek Inside
Keep the inside shipshape with a simple pocket and a blank sentiment panel.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and inspiration that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below. I’ve linked supplies for you below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- February Ribbon Club
- Light Navy Taffeta Ribbon
- Tan Delicate Stitched Satin
- Brown and Blue Chevron Stripe Grosgrain
- Gold Metallic String
- Zutter Bow-it-All Tool
- February Ribbon Club
- Authentique Paper Voyager
- Buttons and charms from my stash