This hop is now closed. The randomly chosen winner is DawnMarie. Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations Wild Aster and Sunflowers Pocket Card for the Alumni Hop
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Hop. With fall in full force here in North Carolina, I decided to make this Heartfelt Creations Wild Aster and Sunflowers Pocket Card to share with you this month. It features two of my favorite fall blooms, and one of my favorite fall colors: purple!
Heartfelt Creations Wild Aster and Sunflowers Pocket Card: A Pocket Full of Posies
This 6″ x 8″ top fold card folio is a little larger than my normal 5″ x 7″ base. But it features one of my favorite design techniques: the pocket. Her’e’s how that element came together:
- First, cut a 5 7/8″ x 7 7/8″ base panel using the woodgrain stripe from the Wild Aster Paper Collection. Ink the edges if so desired.
- Next, fussy cut one of the corner designs from the Fall Aster Paper Collection. This panel measures 5 7/8″ wide x about 5 1/2″ tall. Keep the left hand and bottom edges straight, but fussy cut around the floral images on the inside edge to create a pretty shaped pocket.
- Next, position the shaped pocket over your base panel and stitch together on your sewing machine, leaving the shaped edge open to form a pocket.
- Do not adhere the card front to the base panel until the interior of the card has been finished.
Heartfelt Creations Wild Aster and Sunflowers Pocket Card: The Tag Insert
- First, die cut your tag from cream cardstock using the Album Tags and Accents Die.
- Then use the smaller tag die to cut the liner paper from one of the 6″ x 6″ card fronts in the paper collection. So quick and easy! (I also covered the back of my tag with designer paper to add extra thickness and strength.)
- Now, die cut “A Gift for You” from the same cream cardstock using the Ornamental Tags Dies. Adhere to the front of the tag.
- Next, die cut the little gift tag circle using the circle die from Ornamental Tags. Die cut a second circle from a cardstock scrap to add extra strength.
- You will also need to die cut the Lacy Diamond from the same cream paper, along with the little lattice shaped triangle from that die set.
- Finish the pocket with a gorgeous Purple Nite Seam Binding Bow. Then top it with a 3/8″ bow tied with Crosshatch Purple Satin Ribbon and a small sunflower.
Heartfelt Creations Wild Aster and Sunflowers Pocket Card: Making the Flowers
Since sunflowers and asters are both lovely in the fall of the year, I decided to combine them on this tag. I think they look gorgeous together. Here’s how to make the flowers:
- First, stamp and die cut 3 sets of the asters, the aster leaves and 2 sets of the sunflowers. Stamp in Archival Ink (listed below).
- Next, use the Golf Tools to shape the petals, then stack the layers and adhere together with Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Then, use sponge daubers to add ink to the petals .
- Add shine to the asters with Violet Metallic Viva 3-D Stamp Paint. Place a small dab on your craft sheet and pick it up with a makeup sponge, dabbing most of it off on the work surface. Then tap lightly over the petals.
- Now, Fill the centers of the Wild Asters with a puddle of Dries Clear, then sprinkle with Flower Soft to make realistic looking centers.
- Use sponge daubers to color the sunflower petals with Saffron Archival Ink. Then mist the petals lightly with Perfect Pearls Sunflower Sparkle Mist and a touch of Perfect Copper Perfect Pearls Mists. These are both retired products, but you can substitute glimmer mists from your stash.
- Fill the centers of the sunflowers with hot glue, then add glass beads and Expresso-Yourself Prills.
- Now arrange the flowers and leaves at the top of the tag. Tuck in the die cut sentiment circle. Back the tag with the Lacy Diamond Die Cut.
Heartfelt Creations Wild Aster and Sunflowers Pocket Card: A Peek Inside
The interior of the card features a little waterfall feature made with the 6×6 card fronts and a cute gift pocket made with the Eyelet Rectangle & Basics Die. Back the pocket with Darice Thin Foam Strips on the sides and bottom so that you will have room to tuck in some lovely treats.
To make the flip folio feature, Score 3/8″ flaps on the left hand edge of each 6×6 panel. Adhere the first flap behind the base panel, then stack the flaps on top of one another to form a little book.
TIP: Hold the flip folio shut with a purple paper clip. Slip this over the edge of the folio and onto the front of the card. When you adhere the card front to the base, don’t place adhesive here. This way, the clip can easily be taken on and off.
Die cut frames and photo mounts for the flip folio using the Eyelet Rectangle & Basics Dies and cream cardstock. Card fronts from the paper pack make great journaling spots, or places to write your own greeting. For the base panel, I fussy cut/tore the words “Faith” and “to” from the 12×12 image. Then I adhered them over the original script on the page so that the message would make sense.
On With the Hop!
Visit each of the blogs in the list below. Be sure to leave a lovely comment, as one comment will be chosen from a mystery blog to win a $25 gift card to Heartfelt Creations!
The hop will close at 11:55PM EDT on Monday, October 28th. A winner will be chosen and announced at the top of this blog post on Tuesday, October 29th. Heartfelt Creations will also announce the winner on their blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, October 30th.
The winner has 72 hours to claim the prize by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org via email. Please write “Winner of the October Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
Here’s the link to all the alumni team blogs this month:
Thanks so much for hopping with us!
- Heartfelt Creations
- Wild Aster
- Paper Collection
- Matching Dies
- Classic Sunflower
- Matching Dies
- Decorative Dies
- Tools, Inks, and Supplies
- Wild Aster
- Other Materials