Heartfelt Creations Black Friday Blog Hop: Elegant Gateway Dies and Accents
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations Black Friday Blog Hop! Today we are helping roll out the brand new Elegant Gateway Dies and Accents Collection. If you love intricate dies, trifold cards and shaped card bases, then you are going to be thrilled with this new collection. You can see all the dies and accents in this collection HERE. Each member of the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Team is featuring a project made with one of the dies from this collection. I’ve had a sneak peek, and I know you will want to see all of their amazing creations! You’ll find the complete hop list below.
This hop starts now and runs until 11:55PM on Monday, November 30th. One comment will be randomly chosen from a mystery blog to receive a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Certificate! All you have to do is hop and comment! The winner will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, December 2nd. We will also contact the winner via email and I will name the winner at the top of this blog post at that time. Now let’s get this Black Friday party started!
Scalloped Flourish Gateway Die with Wild Roses Trifold Card
My project for the Black Friday Blog Hop features the elegant Scalloped Flourish Gateway Die and the Wild Roses Paper Collection. Here’s how I put the cover together.
- First ink all the edges of a 5″ x 7″ Gateway Fold Card Base with Worn Lipstick, Bundled Sage and Scattered Straw Distress Inks. Lightly mist the edges with water to create a spattered background.
- Next, Die cut a panel of rose colored card stock. Trace around the inside edge of this same die onto patterned paper from the collection. Cut out and mat on the colored cardstock.
- Now cut all the pieces of the Scalloped Flourish Die from white cardstock. Pop the scalloped edge up on foam tape. Then adhere the rest of the pieces inside.
Wild Rose Cascade
TIP: Short on time? Just die cut the printed flowers from the 12×12 Wild Rose paper pad! The flowers are already “stamped” and colored for you. Simply die cut, shape and layer. Add some extra mixed media spa treatments to the leaves and petals. This will not only save you loads of time, but both sides of the paper are already colored.
- Next die cut all the Small Wild Roses and Foliage from the printed page in the Wild Rose Paper Collection.
- Then shape the leaves and petals in the Small Wild Rose Shaping Mold.
- Next, assemble the petal layers using Dries Clear Adhesive to hold them in place.
- Now brush the edges of the petals with Distress Ink to highlight the creases.
- Then apply Nuvo Mousse to the leaves and the petals to add shimmer and shine.
- Then use a Crop-A-Dile punch to make a hole in the center of each shaped flower and insert Wild Rose stamens and Prills to finish the flowers.
- Adhere the flowers in a cascade down the side of the card. Tuck in bead/berry/stamen clusters as accents.
A Peek Inside
I was blessed to receive an Elegant Gateway Cling stamp Set in my box. Here’s how I put them to use:
- First, stamp the sentiment onto vellum using Jet Black Archival Ink. T
- Next, heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Now adhere the vellum sentiment with Dries Clear Adhesive. The edges of the vellum seem to disappear.
First create a pocket in the center of the trifold. This is a great spot to tuck in a little decorative tag.
Now add a pocket on the back side of the Elegant Gateway Fold Card. This is the perfect place to tuck in a treat.
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over and see what paper pretties Sarah Miller has in store for you! Here’s the whole hop list:
Kathy (you are HERE) ♥ Sarah ♥ Vicki ♥ Sandy ♥ Candy ♥ Kerry ♥ Magdalena ♥ Emily ♥ Amarilys ♥ Lisa ♥ Oksana ♥ Alissa ♥ Carole ♥ Piyanki
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks so much for hopping by!
- Heartffelt Creations
- Elegant Gateway Dies & Accents
- Wild Rose Collection
- Album Tags and Accents Die
- Heartfelt Creations Accessories
- Large Wild Rose Stamens
- Nuvo Mousse (Toasted Almond, Sea Spray, Pink Flambe)
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- Maize Prills
- Summer Rose Seam Binding
- Bits and bobs from my stash