Really Reasonable Ribbon August 2021 Blog Hop with Little Birdie Crafts Woodland Stories
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Really Reasonable Ribbon August 2021 Blog Hop! You should be coming here filled with inspiration after visiting Ginny’s gorgeous blog. This month we are featuring the glorious Autumn Ribbon Collection. Fall is my favorite season of the year, and I look forward to this Club Assortment with great anticipation! You can see why!
A Woodland Stories Walkabout
Having grown up in New England, I have fond memories of leisurely walks in the Autumn woods. Leaves crunch beneath your feet as scolding squirrels chatter nervously in the branches above your head. Vibrant leaves flutter in the crisp fall breeze and above it all a crystal blue sky hangs high in the heavens. It’s an experience not to be missed, I tell you!
I tried to recreate those sensations with this 6″ x 8″ mixed media hanging card. Here’s how to put it together:
- First, cut a 6″ x 8″ panel of orange textured paper from Little Birdie Crafts Woodland Stories. Set this piece aside.
- Next, cut a 5 5/8″ x 7 7/8″ panel of the small floral pattern from the same collection.
- Top this with a 5″ x 7″ panel of the teal background pattern and a 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″ panel of the bird/floral corner pattern.
- Now distress the edges of the last 3 layers lightly and paint the edges with white chalk paint. Then adhere them together.
Here’s where the ribbon takes center stage! Wrap the 3 layers with Tornado Blue Taffeta and Autumn Leaves on White Satin Ribbon. There is a slight metallic shimmer to the Autumn Leaves ribbon that really brings this whole piece to life.
Now you can adhere the bundled layers to the orange background panel. Create a bow/flower cluster with Tornado Blue Taffeta, Natural Burlap String and lots of gorgeous Boho Chic flowers from Little Birdie Crafts. As a finishing touch, tuck in some turquoise and gold feathers. Then spritz a little hanger (found in my stash) with Copper Mica Spray and attach the hanging card.
On With the Hop!
Now hop on over and see what paper pretties Cheryl has in store for you. Be sure to finish up the hop over at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog. If you answer Bonnie’s question of the month, you’ll be entered in a drawing to win your very own August Ribbon Club Assortment!
If you’re not a member of the Ribbon Club yet, now is a great time to join! Each month you’ll receive a lovely package of themed ribbons in your mailbox. It’s like getting a birthday present every month of the year. You can find out how to sign up HERE.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for hopping!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon August Ribbon Club Assortment
- Little Birdie Crafts Woodland Stories Paper Collection
- Circular Lattice Primed Chipboard
- Primed Chipboard Grasses
- Vibrant Flowers
- Hanger, Feathers and Mist from my stash