Taperlogy Autumn Butterflies Collage Card
Hello, Friends! A few weeks ago I shared this Taperlogy unboxing video on my YouTube Channel. My fingers have been itching to get into all those paper pretties. Yesterday I finally carved out a few spare minutes to go through the box again and plan a project. I did not have enough time to make a junk journal, but I did manage to put together this pretty Autumn Butterfly Collage Card. All the papers, embellishments and trims (except the key and the flowers) came out of that amazing box.
Lots of Layers
Layer after layer of paper goodness can be found on this card. Here are a few tips that I learned while working with the Taperlogy products.
- First, trim two of the Jidan Specialty Papers to a width of 4 7/8″. Place one on the top of your card base and one on the bottom to cover the 5×7 area and still leave a border.
- Next, stitch around the edges and add a lace border from the Naili Laces Frames Material Pack. Save the small off-cut piece of lace as we will use it later.
- Now, adhere a coffee dyed doily from the Jelan Junk Journal Pack in the upper left hand section of the card base.
- Then adhere the gold foil bird ticket ephemera from the Danta Junk Journal Mystery Pack.
- Now add florals from the Chado Flower Sticker Pack. These are translucent, so they layer nicely over the lower layers.
- Remove the jute string and fiber from the packing envelopes and wrap the center of the card where the two patterned papers met. Tie on a copper key as an embellishment.
Select a Dentu Sticker Frame sticker frame for the bottom of the card. Remove the center and then select a large Holu Butterfly to fill it. Adhere the saved bit of lace below the butterfly to add a pop of color and texture.
All that remains now is to add a few buttons and petite flowers to finish off the card. Or, keep the panel and use it later as a cover on a junk journal. I’m writing a note to a dear friend inside my card.
Taperlogy has been kind enough to issue a special discount code for my friends. Use the code KATHY15 to save 15% on your entire shopping cart with no minimum order. I do not receive any commission on these sales. I’m just sharing the code and the information with y’all because I know some of you love to make junk journals.
I enjoyed my “play day” in the studio, and I hope you enjoyed the fruits of my labors. Thanks so much for stopping by!