Victorian Snowman Tea Party in a Box with Really Reasonable Ribbon & Reneabouquets
Hello, Friends! This darling Victorian Snowman Tea Party in a Box card features a winning round-up of supplies from Really Reasonable Ribbon, Reneabouquets and Simple Stories Winter Woods. There is a lot of sweetness to see here, so let’s get the (tea) party started!
Do You Want to Build a Snowman?
One of the things I love about snowman images is that they are good all winter long! This pretty in pink Victorian card would be a great winter birthday card, Valentine, or get well greeting. I built the background of my card with paper scraps. Then I dug into my embellishments and went to work on building the central image. Here’s how:
- First, heat emboss the Reneabouquet Victorian Snowflake Medallion with Stampendous Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel. Place foam tabs in the center of the medallion and adhere it to the card base.
- Next, brush Dies Clear Adhesive over the small snowflakes. Then sprinkle them with fine pearl glitter glass.
- Now, place dimensionals on the back of Victoria’s Snowman printed beautiful board and adhere on the right hand side of the medallion.
- Next, arrange flowers (linked below) around the sides of the medallion as seen in the photo.
- Tie a double loop bow with Pink Taffeta ribbon and tuck the knot under one of the pink roses. Then tie a double loop bow with Pink and Brown Twist Bakers Twine and adhere it over the pink taffeta bow.
- Thread a heart charm on Pink and Brown Twist, tie a knot and use the point of your scissors to push into the knot of the Bakers Twine bow.
- Place dimensionals on the back of the vintage rose corner pieces and adhere.
- Finally, tuck snowflakes in and around the flowers and images. Top with Sweet Shop pearls.
A Peek Inside
Add an extra element of surprise to your project when you create a kinetic waterfall feature on the top half of the card. Wrap ribbon around the back of the mechanism to hold everything neatly in place.
Then build a box pocket to hold all the goodies for a Victorian Snowman Tea Party. Wrap your goodies with leftover bits of designer paper. Create a tag, top it with more Pink Taffeta, a White Satin Bow and a sweet rose charm. Stitch paper scraps together to make a handy little bookmark, and top this with white satin ribbon as well.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you’ll be able to use in your own crafty adventures. You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Stay warm and cozy!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon January Sweetheart Ribbon Club Assortment
- Pink and Brown Twist Baker’s Twine
- Foam Tabs
- Victoria’s Snowman Printed Beautiful Board
- Victorian Snowflake Medallion
- Beautiful Bits Victorian Snowflakes
- Printed Beautiful Board Romance and Roses Tuck Ins
- Sweet Shop Iridescent Pearls
- Pearl Fine German Glitter Glass (Used on snowflakes and on the base of the snowman)
- Candy Pink and White Roses and Mulberry Leaves
- Cinnamon and Sugar Roses and Gardenias
- By the Sea Roses (brown Cosmos Daisies)
- Simple Stories Simple Vintage Winter Woods
- Stampendous Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel
You had me at tea & pink. Shabby Chic pink with all the trimming entice you to keep coming back to ensure you didn’t miss any delightful morsel of this tea party package.
I will say it over and over again. God bless your talent!!! You just have a way with scraps that I wish I could replicate, Kathy. What a stunning card!!! I love the whole set up of it and that cute little image of the snowman and little girl. I also love all of the colors and shabbiness of the card. Wow!!!! Big hugs, my sweet and talented friend!
Another vintage delight Kathy. And another one of your ideas to add to the design stash, the ribbon around the waterfall section is a wonderful way to ‘tie in’ the ribbon on the cover and on the tag, making it all beautifully balanced.
Kathy, this tea party in a box is so adorable. I love the sweet nostalgic images of the little kids playing in the snow. The little girl building her snowman is so cute. Your layering effects are fantastic and the flowers, ribbon and charm are so lovely. Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
This lovely project makes a beautiful standing decoration for the entire winter season. I so enjoy the opulence of the Victorian style! Well done!
This is one of those projects that just makes you say WOW!! From the papers, to the way you picked up the pinks in them with the embellishments, this is one stunning Tea Party In A Box!!
I love the colors on this card. It is a beautiful tea party in a box.
Wonderful Card! Love the Snowman!
Absolutely gorgeous ❤️
I love the funnel, instead of hat, on the snowman!! Awesome Vintage card Kathy – thank you for sharing!
Wow! This is what you do best! Love the vintage shabby look. This would make a beautiful keepsake to the lucky person who relieves this!